dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford names ex-Boeing exec Mulally CEO

Bill Ford will remain executive chairman of automotive company

DETROIT - Ford Motor Co. on Tuesday named Alan Mulally president and chief executive officer, and said Bill Ford will remain executive chairman.

Mulally was most recently executive vice president at the Boeing Company.

Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
RISE STOCK RISE :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
HOLY COW, BILLS OUT! JOEY MAYBE?

4:30 BILL FORD STEPS DOWN, SOMEONE GET THESE PEOPLE A CELL PHONE 1 516 524 3077, IM AVAILABLE ALLTHE TIME. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Come on Limongelli, you're 8 minutes behind me. Get on top of things. :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
gtjoey said:
SOMEONE GET THESE PEOPLE A CELL PHONE 1 516 524 3077, IM AVAILABLE ALLTHE TIME. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

Clearly not true. I just called and no one answered. On the other line convincing Mulally to cede power on day 2? :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Does this Boeing guy own a GT?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
He did a great job at Boeing. This has got to be good news.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
But what does he do to shore up shrinking market share? That's the big question. Cutting costs is not the answer. They need a certain size to survive and they keep losing market share and sales.

Most of the financial analysts have the same type of concern.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
He expanded the product line at Boeing. It was not just about cost cutting there though he did cut costs. I sure hope he is a "car guy" and does something to shore up product offerings in order to reduce further market share slippage.

I have learned to pay little attention to financial analysts over the years. If they really knew the answers they wouldn't be analysts, they'd be doing something productive like running companies.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
He expanded the product line at Boeing. It was not just about cost cutting there though he did cut costs. I sure hope he is a "car guy" and does something to shore up product offerings in order to reduce further market share slippage.

I have learned to pay little attention to financial analysts over the years. If they really knew the answers they wouldn't be analysts, they'd be doing something productive like running companies.

here-here :cheers
I see my $10 target price :biggrin Line up the bar :cheers :biggrin :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Florida Chris said:

I couldn't agree with you more. For Ford, alot of it is cost cutting. They absolutely have to find a way to get raw material costs in line, in addition to their well documented legacy costs. But I've never been convinced and never will be by the "market share" preachers.

Ford is in a weak period of the product cycle. It's happened before and it will happen again. If you can return to profitability, I don't care about a percentage point(which has been sliding for a decade already). Show me how you've created shareholder value on the bottom line...

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
dave;
are you using code? post 1 is blank the rest are fine :confused

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
bony said:
here-here :cheers
I see my $10 target price :biggrin Line up the bar :cheers :biggrin :cheers

After-hours tarding at $8.80.

Bought at 6.93, 7.21, 7.41. :willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am waiting for $10, not an investor here, just a trader, in below $7 :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
New manufacturing method.

Florida Chris said:

Talk about cost cutting!! Those Boeing execs are on it! Alan Mulally led the team that came up with a more cost effective way of producing airplanes that might work at Ford. Forget all those expensive new assembly plants and union workers and take a look at the Boeing "Way Forward". Here's a spy shot of their first successful plane mating! :banana :thumbsup :biggrin Boeing executives are hoping it will be a B-2.

Chip

Attachments

• Atlantis_on_Shuttle_Carrier_Aircraft_3.jpg
    Atlantis_on_Shuttle_Carrier_Aircraft_3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ChipBeck said:
Florida Chris said:

Talk about cost cutting!! Those Boeing execs are on it! Alan Mulally led the team that came up with a more cost effective way of producing airplanes that might work at Ford. Forget all those expensive new assembly plants and union workers and take a look at the Boeing "Way Forward". Here's a spy shot of their first successful plane mating! :banana :thumbsup :biggrin Boeing executives are hoping it will be a B-2.

Chip
Hey Chip, are those your two airplanes? :rofl

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Bony - the one on top is an exective meeting room disguised as the space shuttle. From what I heard they had to reinforce the floor stucture so Bouncy could go along. Now that Allan is incharge of Ford, I'm hopefull the bottom craft could be used to transport our GT's to all the GT Forum owner events. Jeff

Tom Thomas

Jun 21, 2006
glad to see my stock and bond values go up. Right behind you, Joey and DBK.
Though I sure wish someone would call me about anti-theft etching - Hands Off guys!