FORD GT SHORT THROW SHIFTER (pic)

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
They finally have a pic of it on their website. Maybe its in stock now!!
Anyone order one? receive/install it yet?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8253

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
The unit was pulled back by Ford for reengineering / redesign and as of last week I heard the vendor had not done much on it. So I’m imagining it is not likely to be released any time soon.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
TrackDay said:
The unit was pulled back by Ford for reengineering / redesign and as of last week I heard the vendor had not done much on it. So I’m imagining it is not likely to be released any time soon.

Same I heard, so it may be a long wait if ever.

Dave

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
That really blows :frown .. I was so looking forward to improving the shifter feel/throw of the GT. the wait continues!! :willy

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
More delays...

TrackDay said:
Great...

I've had mine on order since November.

I may have a partial improvement that I'll be testing this week. However, it's far from the 25% reduction that Ford claims. It will be more like 8%, however, it's a step in the right direction.

I could just redesign my original one, as I know what's needed to accomplish the task.

Have any of you tried an NSX, especially the "later" 6-speed gearboxes? I feel that it's throw and positioning is superb.

Thanks for the update, Jay

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As is an S2000, honda does a good job on that front.

damn, I wanted the shifter too......