Ford GT National Rally II! Details/Registration

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Iceman,
No issues with an event ran by pros... MJ was trying to do an event at Sebring ran by Chin Motorsports. I just feel strongly that safety has to be a major concern.

I watched some guys autoX that need skill training before they move up safely to the next level.

I know my limits.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Iceman,
No issues with an event ran by pros... MJ was trying to do an event at Sebring ran by Chin Motorsports. I just feel strongly that safety has to be a major concern.

I watched some guys autoX that need skill training before they move up safely to the next level.

I know my limits.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Iceman,

I know my limits.

I agree. I like a dirty Harry quote,

"I mans gotta know his limitations!"

Especially true on the track.

Last edited:

MINO

Aug 10, 2007
The real question would be, what would we all be saying today, if someone crashed their FGT and wound up in the hospital... sorry to be a wet blanket.
Going on the track is fine,... ass-u-ming you have a current competition license. Running an open track event is complicated.

Not being a wet blanket at all.
Besides the GT Rally, we have been researching and seriously considering doing a driving school: Saleen School of Speed. We are debating (among many other issues) if an AutoX or a full track day would be the most rewarding for both the company and the customer. Willow would not be an open track situation.

I was up-close to the action. Photographing right at the start/finish area. I smelt many a clutch, saw many cones sacrificed and decided about half way through to move to a safer distance. So, being nice, some of you would benefit from some School of Speed. :wink

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Track Time

I agree. I like a dirty Harry quote,

"I mans gotta know his limitations!"

Especially true on the track.

:smash Didn't mean start us in a "wrong" direction.

However, there are ways to adequately insure safety of all who would be around. I thought it odd that we didn't have to come to a complete stop before leaving the course at El Toro.

I do hold a comp. license and always look forward to any driver training being offered.

BTW my clutch was not one of the "stinky ones". At least that day.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I was pleased with the event, was so happy not to see us at Willow Springs of California Speedway. The flat beds would have been very busy. There are plenty of open track events for those interested and capable.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I, too, was pleased with the event and had a great time. But I would have enjoyed it even more if we'd have had a driver's school at a track like Willow. Maybe that (a 2 or 3 day drivers school) is a separate event all by itself! Best place - in my opinion - to learn how to best drive these cars is on a track in controlled conditions.

I'm as guilty as the next guy about speeds on open highways... Tracks are a far safer environment to test car / driver limits.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think there is a FGT school scheduled in a couple of months at Willow.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
GT Drivers School @Willow Springs

I think there is a FGT school scheduled in a couple of months at Willow.

Bony, I got their brochure at Cars and Coffee.

The event is for Ford GT owners only. October 9th.

Hille Racing Inc. The contact is Richard Hille 805=693-0404

Chief instructor is Neil Hannemann, who was V.P. Engineering at Saleen on the GT program, and knows our cars.

In my opinion it's a great opportunity to learn how to become a better GT driver from someone who shares our passion for the GT.

I am trying to re-arrange my "busy" fall travel/race/golf/road trip schedule so I can participate.

Any day on a race track with a GT is a good one, just some are better than others.
As a matter of Fact - any time spent in a GT is the highest Quality Time I know of. Period.

Get 'um outa the garage and on the road (& track)!!!!!

Jeff

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
A Pleasant Reminder

Reminiscing the Rally:

Saleen's Autocross

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
A Pleasant Reminder

Reminiscing the Rally:

Cars & Coffee

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
A Pleasant Reminder

Reminiscing the Rally:

Cruise Night

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
A nice reminder of a Great Week! thanks for the nice photo of my daughter Megan with Camilo.

andy benedict

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Pleasure meeting you Andy! Hope you and Megan enjoyed all the activities.

What a week that was! Like a dream.

- Randy

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Randy...thanks - It was a great week. Since we trailered from Michigan and spent 16 straight days with wife Margaret and daughter Megan (and she loved it) , it turned out to be one of the ultimate Family vacations we have ever taken. Already looking forward to next year..God willing...
andy