FORD GT 2006 Battery Tender

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
HI ALL! WHAT BATTERY TENDER (MODERN) WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR MY GT 2006 (original one (cigarette plug) stopped working)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I used a "Battery Tender Jr" unit and it kept my battery alive for 7 years. Others here use C-Tech

Reactions: bzambranog

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I found a cable that I was able to thread from the battery out to a mounting point under the front (opposite the tow hook mount). This was much easier to connect/disconnect than the inside outlet version.

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
I used a "Battery Tender Jr" unit and it kept my battery alive for 7 years. Others here use C-Tech
do you which model to buy, Insee different Volts, etc

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
I found a cable that I was able to thread from the battery out to a mounting point under the front (opposite the tow hook mount). This was much easier to connect/disconnect than the inside outlet version.
Which one? And what battery tender are you using?

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I recommend CTEK. A number of OEM's use it with their label.

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
I recommend CTEK. A number of OEM's use it with their label.
But which model?

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I use the CTEK 7002.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Get the one for AGM batterie by CTEK. Do a search here on the Forum for batteries and you will find ample info on chargers and attachments. Cool tech also has a ready jacket with everything you need.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Which one? And what battery tender are you using?
Sorry, the one I had (have) is an older model made by Battery Tender but has a Interstate battery label. It's no longer manufactured.

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
But which model?
MXS 5.0 is the standard tender which are often rebranded by OEMs (5.0 replaced the 4.3 version). The 7002 is a tender and charger which can provide 7 amps and a constant amount of power to charge a dead battery. The 5.0 is smaller than the 7002. Overall, there is not a wrong choice.