FGT prototype car on early episode of Top Gear

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I'm sure this video has been posted but I have never seen it since I've been a member of the forum so I thought I'd bring it back.

This appears to have been the famous yellow(ish) pre-production car that we've all seen in the early concept photos. It looks like they had some pretty neat ideas like the automatic gas door, and I really like the shifter boot (or lack thereof.)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Season-1-Episode_380787.htm

Skip ahead to 9:20 into the video to see the GT.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
thanks for reposting that vid, I never get tired viewing that one... or any of them for that matter.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That was great - I hadn't seen that episode since it was first broadcast and it was one of the few stimuli I needed to go out and get a Ford GT. I drove a Murcielago while I waited....

Strange to see the studio so empty of audience - also no James May...

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Strange to see the studio so empty of audience - also no James May...

My thoughts exactly. It was very strange to not see May there. I like May ALOT more than this other guy...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It looks like they had some pretty neat ideas like the automatic gas door...

Anything as VITAL as the 'gas cap' darn well better be a MANUALLY operated piece! :willy

'Sure wouldn't wanna be out in Timbuckfive someplace, need fuel, and have an "issue" with a "Buck Rogers" full filler! :ack

(Ya, ya ya! I know, 'Ice, MAD, et al - I'D NEVER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT 'CAUSE MY GT WOULD ALWAYS BE IN IT'S GARAGE.:bored Shuddup!)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
(Ya, ya ya! I know, 'Ice, MAD, et al - I'D NEVER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT 'CAUSE MY GT WOULD ALWAYS BE IN IT'S GARAGE.:bored Shuddup!)
:lol:lol:lol:rofl :cheers

Quickdraw, you beat EVERYONE else!!! :thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
That was the first time I'd seen that video. Thank you for the post. Gives a guy idea's...:biggrin

JRGoens

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Thanks for posting. I loved the video.