B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This is a 8 min movie from a car race in the middle of Paris in a very
early morning of August 1976. The car is a Ferrari 275 GTB driven by a
F1 pilot. For those of you who know Paris, they will understand what it
is all about...The guy went through 272 red lights and 3 greens !

Don t forget to crank the volume up, the engine sound is amazing..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5967384923877111213

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The stream does not work very well for me (looks slow!), but interesting, he passes right by my former Paris office on the upper end of the Champs Elysee... That must be at 4-5am or so, because usually it is just jammed.... ! :lol

Not recommend running red lights to anyone.. Bony, bad boy ! :biggrin

Stefan

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Last week when I was there the cab driver I had was trying to copy this video. The driver in the vid crosses Paris in 8 min while the cab took 40min.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Friends, that is the real acticle -not only a GTB but a GBT4. I allways liked the yellow lights and still use them but they are getting hard to find.

Deloache (sic.) --in the credits was also the cinematographer (? ) in the 1966 "Man and a Woman " which has the absolute baddest assed over cammed Ford GT footage you will ever ever hear

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Now I saw it with good internet connection.... Entirely insane ! Almost couldn't watch it to the end, saw him crash into busses and cars and people :eek in my imagination, what went wrong in his life...!?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
That is one incredible ride. Opinions aside on perceived speed or sound, has anyone seen anything like this? :banana I sure have not...going to have a blast showing this to my buds. :willy

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Something is not right with the sound on that clip.... :skep
You clearly hear the editing of the sound when the car is slowing down and going down through the gears...

lemans

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2006
guys come on, the audio is telling you that the miles per hour are going insainelly high and the white line on the street is not moving at the same rate. It is a nice try but you cant fool everyone. (talk to the guy that drove the mercedes that killed lady diana) that was fast!!!

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I dont agree that it was faked but I think there is a typo.

I believe it is 1967 not 1976. The sounds are correct and match the increase in speed and the number of gears , the missed downshifts , slow shifting and double clutching was endemic of the early transaxle cars, the proliferation of CV's is correct for 67, the yellow lights are correct for 67 not 76, the sound is GTB4 12 cyl. Besides, no one would have risked a GTB4 for such an event in 1976.

The part that I find questionable is the lack of traffic and I suspect it was staged. Remember, Delouche had just won the the gold medal in 66' and was a bit of a national hero so he likely had the juice to set up such a shoot.

Of course, the camera was set low in the nose of the car thus exacerbating the speed sensation.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Reasonable minds can disagree but the sound is real GBT4 and synched to the idiosyncratic transaxle but ....

My vote is still 1967 not 1976 . On the 2CVs and yellow lights alone !

The 67 quad cams (which only came in the desireable long nose neo GTO body) were worth a pile in 76 dollars. Don't forget that 76 was a bad bad bad for performance cars (right after the 75 cat mandate) and there was virtually nothing out there new worth much performance wise.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I think "remastered" is the key word. Difficult to take old analog films and sound and make them presentable in today's format. I think some "art" is involved here IMHO. Still a blast to watch! :banana