Engine wire harness on backorder

Gerry B

Feb 21, 2024
Dearborn, Michigan
The 05-06 engine harness, 4G7Z-12A581-A is on backorder because the gold plated wire terminal for the 104 pin PCM Connector is obsolete. EEC V PCM was used through 2007 on most Ford vehicles. The engineering part numbers are F4SB-14487-AA and XL2T-14487-AA. Lear is the harness supplier. The only way to get terminals is to cut off the PCM Connector from a used harness.

The terminals were never released for service, hence no service part numbers. AMP was the original supplier of theF4SB-14487-AA , they got bought out by AFL who then became AEES, who then got bought out by Motherson in India.

Tyco, now TE, was the supplier of the XL2T-14487-AA

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Gerry, can you get the terminals in non-gold plated form? These could be sent out for gold plating. Jay

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I think Jay has the correct assumption. These can't be unique to the GT, but should consist of pins that are used across other connectors. Maybe the plastic 104-pin holder is unique (104 is a weird number), but the metal crimped pins/sockets should be common.

Try Mouser:
automotive-connectors

Gerry B

Feb 21, 2024
Dearborn, Michigan
Gerry, can you get the terminals in non-gold plated form? These could be sent out for gold plating. Jay
The tin plated version of this 1.0mm round terminal is obsolete as well. I actually have some that I saved from 1992 and offered them enough to build the 2 backorder harnesses. They were short one other component that I think they can substitute a different component for. They Are my supplier for pigtail kits and wire terminal kits.

I also have some used 104 pin connectors loaded with terminals. They are from our test breakout boxes that were being scrapped and I cut off the harness from the boxes as I scrapped them. I sold one to a tech who had to replace the connector pigtail on an old F150 Lightning that a mouse had eaten the insulation off. He spliced in all 104 pigtails and it came out looking like production.

The Father of GT parts on eBay has one for $1000 and he just announced he is retiring.

Gerry B

Feb 21, 2024
Dearborn, Michigan
I think Jay has the correct assumption. These can't be unique to the GT, but should consist of pins that are used across other connectors. Maybe the plastic 104-pin holder is unique (104 is a weird number), but the metal crimped pins/sockets should be common.

Try Mouser:
automotive-connectors
This connector and terminal was used for many years across many vehicle models. EEC V was used from 1996 to 2007 I think. I never released the 104 pin connector as a pigtail kit because 34 pins was the max we released due to tech capabilities to splice that many wires.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Gerry, it sounds like you're the expert. If I was motivated to fix my GT, I would muster the patience to splice 104 wires...

That said, I've fixed enough old wiring harnesses and improvised for pins that are NLA, that I still think something in the Mouser catalog can be easily adapted. Do you think that is out of the question?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The tin plated version of this 1.0mm round terminal is obsolete as well. I actually have some that I saved from 1992 and offered them enough to build the 2 backorder harnesses. They were short one other component that I think they can substitute a different component for. They Are my supplier for pigtail kits and wire terminal kits.

I also have some used 104 pin connectors loaded with terminals. They are from our test breakout boxes that were being scrapped and I cut off the harness from the boxes as I scrapped them. I sold one to a tech who had to replace the connector pigtail on an old F150 Lightning that a mouse had eaten the insulation off. He spliced in all 104 pigtails and it came out looking like production.

The Father of GT parts on eBay has one for $1000 and he just announced he is retiring
he's said that before..

Last edited:

Gerry B

Feb 21, 2024
Dearborn, Michigan
I have several boxes of connectors I've saved over the years and 8 reels of terminals, and some loose terminals in case someone asks me for one.

I published the Motorcraft Wiring Pigtail Kit Catalog that is free to the dealer. It's a great picture catalog of 1300 pigtail kits. The first 10 pages have 55 wire terminal kits and I listed all of the terminals they will substitute for. They are by engineering part number since service part numbers were never assigned.

Reactions: Specracer

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I have several boxes of connectors I've saved over the years and 8 reels of terminals, and some loose terminals in case someone asks me for one.

I published the Motorcraft Wiring Pigtail Kit Catalog that is free to the dealer. It's a great picture catalog of 1300 pigtail kits. The first 10 pages have 55 wire terminal kits and I listed all of the terminals they will substitute for. They are by engineering part number since service part numbers were never assigned.
you want to sell the stuff?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Buying.More.Fordstuff.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx

The Father of GT parts on eBay has one for $1000 and he just announced he is retiring.

Who is Father of GT parts on Ebay ?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Who is Father of GT parts on Ebay ?
Scott Minch / Northwood GT etc.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Scott Minch / Northwood GT etc.
Gotcha

Gerry B

Feb 21, 2024
Dearborn, Michigan
you want to sell the stuff?
I do sell to individuals that need a connector or terminal to fix their wire harness. I don't want to sell large amounts to one person.