Engine inspection plate goo

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So I know there must be some really cool trick to getting all the goo off the engine inspection plate and the bulkhead. :confused

John

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Use a plastic scraper to start. You can actually use the old material to help pull up the material stuck on the panel. Make a ball out of the material and roll it over and rub in on the base material it will pull it's self up.. The cohesive properties are stronger than the adhesive properties young grass hopper .. I hope this makes sense ,,,:biggrin

Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Use a plastic scraper to start. You can acually use the old material to help pull up the material stuck on the panel. Make a ball out of the material and roll it over and rub in on the base material it will pull it's self up.. The cohesive properties are stronger than the adhesive properties young grass hopper .. I hope this makes sense ,,,:biggrin

Hey it does and thanks. I will get after it again. Oh, thank you master (head down). :lol

John

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
AnalogDesigner has a gasket, I think it's neoprene or some n0n-exotic compound to replace the engine plate.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Got the plastic scraper going, got a ball going, but it was still leaving some behind. I then used "Goo b'gone" and it is getting the rest, but what a mess. :willy

JOhn

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
3M adhesive remover works well. You can get it at any automotive paint supply or upholstery shop.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
3M adhesive remover works well. You can get it at any automotive paint supply or upholstery shop.

Thanks! :thumbsup

John