Door Latch Question

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
I would agree with AwsumGT. My "door ajar" light comes on every now and then and it's almost always the rear deck lid. I still haven't gotten the hatch adjusted perfectly, so it takes some force to really get it to close properly. Sometimes it looks like it's closed, but the light still comes on. I just reopen the hatch and close it again and the light goes off.

JAM

DBS

Permanent Vacation
May 10, 2006
Awsum GT said:
If you keep on waiting for the perfect car... you will be waiting the rest of yuour life... There is no such animal. I will continue to drive my GT with an ear to ear grin everywhere I go. I love my GT!

I appreciate what you are saying here, but things like door hinges are the very basics of a car. These issues should not arise based upon how much the GT costs and also the technology and production processes that are at Fords disposal. These are the basic fundamentals of building a car.

I am sorry but I would not be impressed with issues like this and would certainly question the build quality of the car regarding other areas.

Hand built or not, surely there should have been some level of quality control, after all this is the 'pace car for the entire company'...... :bored

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
DBS said:
I appreciate what you are saying here, but things like door hinges are the very basics of a car. These issues should not arise based upon how much the GT costs and also the technology and production processes that are at Fords disposal. These are the basic fundamentals of building a car.

I am sorry but I would not be impressed with issues like this and would certainly question the build quality of the car regarding other areas.

Hand built or not, surely there should have been some level of quality control, after all this is the 'pace car for the entire company'...... :bored

You seem to be negative towards the GT - try to discount it for some reason, not sure why.

The question you need to ask if you truly are thinking of buying one versus just throwing crap into the forum is how many owners regret the buy? I don't know of any.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
DBS said:
Mmmmm seems like the list of problems is getting longer with the GT. Surely you owners should not being having to open and shut doors in different manners to make them operate normally. The more I hear about these problems that are arising on the Tech board, the more it puts me off saving for such a car..... :frown

Look into the Toyota Camry......VERRRRYYYY nice!

BTW...look into other handbuilt cars in this price range or above and tell me how many don't have these sort of quirks.

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
My selling dealer delivered my 06 in an enclosed trailer. He had to climb through the open window to get in and out. The trailer wasn't wide enough to open the door. He told me he got the idea from the transport company that delivered the car to his dealership from Ford. They got in and out the same way. Maybe that's why my driver's side needs a little more pull to latch closed.
Bob

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Mmmmm seems like the list of problems is getting longer with the GT. Surely you owners should not being having to open and shut doors in different manners to make them operate normally. The more I hear about these problems that are arising on the Tech board, the more it puts me off saving for such a car..... :frown

You are absolutely right. You should buy a Civic. I hear they are great cars.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
You are absolutely right. You should buy a Civic. I hear they are great cars.

I'm not sure that's a good idea either... I hear there was a Civic in the shop not long ago too.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
FordGT6, you might not realize how air tight these cars are. Please try closing door with window slightly open.

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
Passenger side opens and closes easily. Driver's side opens easily. It closes easily with the window slightly open. I think these doors worked ok when they left the factory but all of the climbing in and out of the window (minimum twice) put a lot of them a little out of adjustment.