Does the GT have any issues?

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
does the GT have any issues I need to look for? If so is it only a certian range of vins?

I am aware of the A-Pillar and doors but was wondering if there any other issues owners complain about or I need to consider. Thanks. :cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think if you spent an hour or two on this site and going through both past and current threads, you'd find just about everything you wanted to know. Becuase you are lazy, don't ask others to make up for it.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Ditto

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
Did that... Thanks. :cheers

Rong

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2006
You guys are harsh.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Be nice!

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Folks,

I agree that you'd probably be able to find everything you need to know about the GT on this site. However, some of you out there have a tremendous amount of knowledge and asking you experts for what could be a 2 minute response could help agentf1 by provding a list of items he could search for. Quite frankly, I'm surprised at some of the responses.

Either that or I'm just plain lazy also. :confused

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
agentf1 said:
does the GT have any issues I need to look for? If so is it only a certian range of vins?

I am aware of the A-Pillar and doors but was wondering if there any other issues owners complain about or I need to consider. Thanks. :cheers

Well, since some of my fellow owners are getting a little jaded, I'll take some time for your question.

Since the car is completely new from the ground up, of course there are some small issues here and there. The most significant was the suspension issue on the real early cars that Ford fixed with a great replacement (better than required) - all cars would have already been completed.

The only really comon problem we have is the 1 - 2 shift when cold. There are a number of comments about this, but it is just something there and goes away when the car warms up.

The balance of the issues are here and there, but nothing major. Really nothing outside of what you would get with any new car, especially such a unique car. Buy anything, and you still have things to go back to the dealer for to get straightened out. It is all pretty sophisticated and top of the line. Like has been said in another post, you are seeing a lot of questions on the forum about very specific issues. What you don't see is the general raving of the owners (though it is there also if you look).

So aside from not being able to park between cars (which none of would probably do anyway), somewhat limited rear visability, the biggest problems are not being able to drive it as much as you want and constantly talking to people about it (that one you just need to get used to - I think it is in the purchase contract). What you will find is that it draws car buffs. It does not draw as*holes, which is real nice.

I have not heard of anyone yet that has been dissatisfied with the car. Everyone tends to say it is more than they expected, though still very easy to drive. The general feel is that the cars are long term keepers, not something to own for a year of two and trade in for the next rage. It is the car of the moment which is amazing since it is definitely not the most expensive of the supercars.

Buy it - you will have no regrets, just smiles.

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I just find the car highly addictive...it's hard not to drive it because I love it so much, so actually that is one issue I have with it...I may have to go through couseling

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions guys. I am very aware of the search feature and have been using it but find sometimes you get some great info if you ask the question too. I am guessing there are a few X Viper owners here. :wink :lol

Thanks again for all your help. :thumbsup