Discovery Channel - Rebuilding a Race Car Legend DVD on sale

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Rebuilding a Race Car Legend DVD is currently on sale at the Discovery store.

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-56022.html

Personally, I think this is the best video, other than the Ford produced video explaining the features of the GT.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for the post.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Video

Where does one obtain the Ford produced video you mentioned in your post?
Thanks !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jax, these were issued to dealerships when the car was first released. They are very, very hard to find now. They do show up on e-bay from time to time, usually for some pretty high money. There was one sold about a month ago. You might ask your selling dealer, but don't hold your breath. They are copy protected. Come to Sterling sometime and you can watch mine. Do buy the Discovery DVD though, it's really good.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Where does one obtain the Ford produced video you mentioned in your post?
Thanks !

Just as fjpikul noted, they aren't easy to come across. I looked high and low before another forum member was kind enough to share an extra DVD he happened to have with me.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Dvd

I just ordered the discovery DVD - thanks for the tip.
I'll ask my local dealer about the Ford DVD, but I am very doubtful.

As an aside, there is plenty of software available (such as DVDshrink - which is free) to allow one to backup most DVDs for 'personal use' only. This might make it more 'available'.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We've had this discussion before. It's Ford proprietary info and none of us wants trouble with copyright infringement. Their organization is bigger than ours (or mine).

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I personally have the Discovery DVD (Building a Race Car Legend) and it is one of the best. I also talked to my friend Rick Titus who did the 2005 Ford DVD (Ford GT Highlights) which was only sent to Dealers who sold the 2005 GT's. No dealer received one in 2006 with their GT's. Rick tells me that Ford ownes the rights to the DVD material and possibly someone who comes to the Forum gathering in California in August might be able to talk past Ford emp.who built the GT's who we could contact for possibly a remake for GT owners. He only had a very few given to him. Those of us who are attending will try. Tomy Hamon

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We tried this tactic in Dearborn at the last Rally. Know how many extra copied were released? 0 The Ford GT team has been broken up and scattered or retired. I think we'll see a GR-1 before we see any more DVD's.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks for the heads up on the DVD!:thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Ordered mine today also! Thank you for the post!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'll keep in touch with Rick and see if he can help. I had good intentions. Tomy Hamon

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Ordered mine today also! Thank you for the post!

Ditto

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I have it permanently on my TIVO box I might make a DVD with that. I might go ahead and buy this later though if theres anything extra that comes on the disc.

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida
Please help, I cant find it on Discovery web site...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Please help, I cant find it on Discovery web site...

The link I originally posted would bring you right to it. I just tried several different ways without luck....so I called them. Unfortunately they say they are sold out for 'this catalog season'. Sorry 'bout that. :bs

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
same thing, waited to long to pull the triger... darn it.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Rebuilding a Race Car Legend DVD is a wonderful DVD. Just received it.:thumbsup

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Just got it yesterday after waiting 3 weeks, "snail mail for sure" but worth the wait! It was funny that Camilo had the self fullfilled proficey to be able to put the window down for the local law enforcement.

Scode

Musclecar67

Oct 29, 2006
Can anyone make a copy, I can mail a DVD disk, and pay postage.... The store is sold out for god knows how long.