Detroit Airport question

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Does anyone know what the closest private airport is to the hotel for the GT Rally?

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
How big of plane are looking to land?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
It's a Citation V. The last time we landed at Detroit City Airport. I know it's the closest to the Viper Pland but I was not sure if it was the closest to the GT Plant or Hotel we will all be at during the rally.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Willow run in Ypsilanti

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Awsum - The heck with my GT - I wanna ride in your Citation V!!! Anything that goes over 205mph gets me excited and a Citation V does it in style!!!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
scode said:
Willow run in Ypsilanti

Any particular FBO on the field that you like?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Blue Moose... wish you could join us... we hit 600mph with A GREAT tail wind our last trip. Of course on the way home we had the reverse. We were lucky to get 380-400.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Florida Chris said:
Any particular FBO on the field that you like?

I have no idea what a FBO is and I did not say I like it. I work in Dearborn and sell Ford products including many GT's to key players, so I am not an athourity on airports by any stretch. I just know Willow Run is about 10 minutes by car from Metro Airport. The Detroit Pistons team jet lands there and Kalletta Flying Services uses that airport. It is probably 15 to 20 minutes from the Ritz. I hope that helps.

Scode

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
scode said:
I have no idea what a FBO is and I did not say I like it. I work in Dearborn and sell Ford products including many GT's to key players, so I am not an athourity on airports by any stretch. I just know Willow Run is about 10 minutes by car from Metro Airport. The Detroit Pistons team jet lands there and Kalletta Flying Services uses that airport. It is probably 15 to 20 minutes from the Ritz. I hope that helps.

Scode

Thanks Scode, appreciated your response.

Oh, and FBO stands for "fixed base operator". It is a fancy flying name for "airplane gas station and parking lot". There are usually several FBOs at an airport and service and cost can vary widely, thus the question.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Florida Chris said:
Thanks Scode, appreciated your response.

Oh, and FBO stands for "fixed base operator". It is a fancy flying name for "airplane gas station and parking lot". There are usually several FBOs at an airport and service and cost can vary widely, thus the question.

Gotcha. I was hoping someone else here would notice the thread and be more qualified to answer your question. Maybe you can call over there now that you have the name and location.