Detailing Before/After Pictures

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I posted up ten more before/after transformations that I thought were pretty cool...You don't even have to be into detailing to see how cool some brake rotor polishing can be, engines, chrome, and even...A Ford GT :tongue

Some clear coat repair on this one section of the GT, just before the windshield. For whatever reason, this was the only area on the GT that was like this...

10x.jpg

The rest can be seen at http://www.jasonsautospa.com/beforeafter.html

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Excellent work, Jason! :cheers

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Polishing the brake rotors? ....A new level of anal retentive:eek

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

Ooops! That puts me about as tight as an otters' pocket then in that department. :lol

Eric91Z

Nov 8, 2006
Central Iowa
Geez, Jason. You are all over the Net...

Great job as always.:thumbsup

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
:rofl

It is on a pretty serious level of detailing. Say you purchase after market drilled and/or slotted rotors, maybe a big brake kit, and over a short period of time the holes and slots begin to brown out with surface rust. I go in there with a Dremel tool attached to very small squares of sand paper and polish up every hole, and use a small wire wheel on the slots. I usually have to change the piece of sand paper every two holes, so it's pretty time consuming.

After they're all cleaned up, cut a very large piece of thick plastic divider sheets, the kind used in household construction, cut another small slice in the center, and place it behind the rotor and pull the sheeting back outwards a long distance to prevent over spray on everything. I attach the sheeting to some 7 feet tall jack stands, usually four or five feet away from the actual brake rotor.

XY45%20.jpg

Spray a high temperature clear coat and then sand down the rotor surface after it has all dried to remove it, therefore leaving only the high temperature clear coat in the holes and slots, while the surface of the rotor will be kept clean by the brake pad itself.

The Corvette in the pictures had this done in May of this year and the owner says they still look like new :cool

It's a good idea if you love your car and are tired of looking at your expensive aftermarket rotors, look like junk, and also a great idea if you're entering your vehicle into a show just like a customer will be doing in November for Chevy Vettefest here in Rosemont, IL.

I think this stuff is pretty neat :thumbsup But this may just be a midwestern moisture issue :ack

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Geez, Jason. You are all over the Net...

Great job as always.:thumbsup
Thanks Eric - Good to hear from you. :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Jason, you da man. Any plans to return to Atlanta during the Winter?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Jason, you da man. Any plans to return to Atlanta during the Winter?
Kirby,

If the demand is there, it is something I will certainly consider. I am almost 100% positive that I will be in Arizona again over winter.

Jason :cheers

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I posted up ten more before/after transformations that I thought were pretty cool...You don't even have to be into detailing to see how cool some brake rotor polishing can be, engines, chrome, and even...A Ford GT :tongue

Some clear coat repair on this one section of the GT, just before the windshield. For whatever reason, this was the only area on the GT that was like this...

10x.jpg

The rest can be seen at http://www.jasonsautospa.com/beforeafter.html

Ok I got to set the record straight.

Grandma holding 3 year old over the windshield
Look Joshua see grandpa in his new GT.

Grandpa.Noooooo, then the matchbox GT falls onto the windsheild....panic

No joshua let grandma get it

Joshua varoom.....:eek grandpa Gt not hurt my GT

Grandpa nooooooo:willy

Grandpa spend hours with meguires of every compound wetting the micro fiber with tears maaking more scratches........

Call superman.......Jason to the rescue

all gone:banana

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Very nice work!:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
primo L)

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Tom, that was hilarious :rofl

Thanks Guys :thumbsup

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Jason detailed my Heritage last week (second time this year) and did a brilliant job, shines like the sun. For anyone contemplating Jason's services, no worries.

His work is impeccable and most of all he is very prompt, professional and trustworthy!

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Jason detailed my Heritage last week (second time this year) and did a brilliant job, shines like the sun. For anyone contemplating Jason's services, no worries.

His work is impeccable and most of all he is very prompt, professional and trustworthy!
Thanks Tony :cheers

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
This last week I detailed a C6 Corvette with my all-out Stage V Package & Brake Rotor Polishing. Some main highlights of this package include glass polishing, license plate removal, wheel removal & wheel well/inner-rim detailing, more interlocking layers of Zaino Polish (Z-5 Pro) & Wax (Z-2 Pro), various grades of polishing using Menzerna Nano & Intensive polish with new Lake Country Foam Pads, engine detailing, five wash mitt hand wash, Q-Tips around emblems/crevices, and of course brake rotor polishing.

Approximately 12-14 hours were spent on this single Corvette in preparation for Chevy Vettefest in Rosemont, IL this weekend. This Corvette was picked up and trailered to the show to keep it in perfect condition.

corv2.jpg

corv1.jpg

More pictures in my Portfolio under "Corvettes"

Not exactly a before & after but I did not want to create a new thread as I know this is an owners forum, and this is not a Ford GT. Regardless of the vehicle, a lot of work was put into this and the results were nothing short of spectacular in my opinion. I don't even think the pictures do it justice :eek

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Not exactly a before & after but I did not want to create a new thread as I know this is an owners forum, and this is not a Ford GT. Regardless of the vehicle, a lot of work was put into this and the results were nothing short of spectacular in my opinion. I don't even think the pictures do it justice :eek

Next time you make it out on the east coast -I'll take one of those "specials" for the GT and two for my mustang's. Great work Jason :cheers with the results as they show you should be proud. BTW - Bony's appears to be out.....