Detailing at the Ford GT National Rally

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I noticed that a few owners inquired about having their GT's detailed while at the Rally. If anyone is interested, I can make arrangements for this service.

The folks that I will schedule this with are the detailers that Chip Foose now uses in SoCal (his previous team moved to Chicago). Nonetheless, these guys do all of Chip's concours detailing for shows and such.

I inquired this morning if they would want to take this on and they said no problem. I put August 1 - 4th on the table for them. The logistics and dates will need to be worked out.

Let me know if you are interested and what day and/or times everyone would be interested in. I will then see about making it work.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Interested at night when the cars will be parked.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Interested at night when the cars will be parked.

Ditto that.

Also, I'm not sure that I need a $400 detail job. I do imagine the girls will get kinda dirty (not that theres anything wrong with dirty girls) zipping around the town/track. Any reputable detailer that would be intrested in doing a quick wash/wax could "clean up" at this meet.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ditto that.

Also, I'm not sure that I need a $400 detail job. I do imagine the girls will get kinda dirty (not that theres anything wrong with dirty girls) zipping around the town/track. Any reputable detailer that would be intrested in doing a quick wash/wax could "clean up" at this meet.

Yeah,,,.... that is ass-xactly what I had in mind. :lol :thumbsup :lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Just talked to the guy who details my cars. He said if their is a "real" interest he would clear his Wednesday the 1st and would do mini details the whole day. He could start at 7am. and go to 10pm. He stated a mini detail would be in the $100 to $150 range depending on how bad the car is and how far the owner wants him to go.
I know when he does a full detail on my GT it runs in the mid 300 range and the car is near flawless.
If there is serious interest he will clear the day for the you/us. Let me know and I will pass it along.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Wednesday night the GT GUYS are working on my car, later on the week at night I have an interest.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Count me in

I'm in for a "mini detail" after the trip from Scottsdale :thumbsup Mid to late afternoon on Wednesday should work.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
OK gentlemen. The detailer I spoke about that works on Chip Foose's cars is willing to work on your rides in the afternoon and evenings over at the main hotel...that is if the hotel management will allow it. If not, I will figure something else out.

He said he will charge $50/hour. You decide on what needs to be done.

Now keep in mind, he is the same guy that now does the $500K - $2M rides that Chip turns out....besides the rides on 'Overhaulin'. In my mind, that is not a bad reference.

Sounds like SteveA also has a guy. So I would think that just about everybody that wants to get their ride done can be accomodated.

PM me if you are interested. Specifics are requested. I will assemble a list and see about getting an accomodating schedule set up for all interested parties. :thumbsup

One more thing...get your requests in to me by July 20th. That will give me enough time to coordinate. After that, you will have to see if you can talk him in to it at the hotel.

Cheers!

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wednesday night the GT GUYS are working on my car, later on the week at night I have an interest.

What are you up to now Daniel?????

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
boost guage, oil change, CF stuff... the usual madness.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks for tackling this guys. There will be more than enough detailing to go around. We picked up some bugs on the 3 times we did the road trip last week.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just talked to Kingman's detail guy. He said he would come out early on Saturday (before the Cars and Coffee meet) if enough people are interested. I assume 3 or four is all it will take. I certainly would like to have my girl buffed and polished before we tango with the Pony-boys and the Bull Riders.

If anyone else is interested please give him a call. He said it would be fine to list his number here and needs a few more to justify getting a crew together that early.

The following is Tony's number - 562-879-0424

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just dialed him, got his machine, I'm in, thanks!! :)

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I hope he called you back Boney. I just talked to him again and he said he is planning on being at the Hotel at 5am on Saturday morning to do some cars.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am hooked up, thanks, Saturday morn at 5am... anybody need a wake up call??

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
That is actually 7am my time, so I will be up and moving if you want to leave the keys with me and some gas money.... I'll take care of it.