Delivery mileage question

GTMark

GT Owner
Apr 10, 2006
I'm a new member of the Forum and pretty excited about taking delivery of a
new Tungsten GT scheduled for delivery at end of May. The dealer called to say he had bought an identical spec from a small dealer and would get delivery this week. He asks if I want to switch. Looking for advice on whether there is anything to worry about that this car has 17 miles on the odometer?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
not to worry...buy it

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Buy It!!!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If the dealer will confirm and warrant the car has had no damage or repairs as a result of the 17 miles, and it has no door dings or scratches, go for it.

Feb 14, 2006
I just delivered one that had 1.3 miles on it so that one is an example of one that was not driven at all. Like stated above just be sure there is no damage or repairs and you will be fine. Are you going to see if before you buy it or will it be sight unseen?

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I wouldn't worry about it - however the end of May is not that far away. Can you tell him you'll decide when you see it?

I was told that Ford road or track test every 10th car and that some arrived with 60 miles on the clock as a result - not sure if this is urban legend or not!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Delivery Miles

My pride and joy, 2006 Tungstenw/ silver stripes, arrived at the dealer with 2.1 miles showing. The last 10th was from the back lot to the showroom. :thumbsup PL510*Jeff

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Don't worry about it, in the long run it doesn't mean anything.

Dave

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
GTMARK

Every 10th vehicle off the line gets driven for between 15 and 20 miles to ensure quality. I wouldn't be too concerned with the mileage other than checking the front splitter for any scrapes. I understand that the driven cars are taken into the quality control room as well and inspected by all the engineers on a daily basis. My car had 3 miles but I wouldn't be too concerned about the mileage. As stated above, May is not too far away so if the mileage does bother you it just gives you a little more time to be anxious. Either way these cars are a blast! :cheers

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Gtmark

My GT came with 24.2 miles on it !!

AMB

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Could you tell me what the VIN was on the car for May delivery? I have VIN 1294 but no delivery date and I am trying to narrow the time frame down a bit. Thanks.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Derry,

I'm 1208. Production is scheduled for week of 5/1 and delivery week of 5/15. Get your dealer code and order number and you can call the 800 number yourself and check on status. There's a thread on here to check order status. If you have trouble finding it, PM me.

GTMark

GT Owner
Apr 10, 2006
Thanks for all your advice. I will be able to inspect the car before buying so should be ok. Once I see it I don't think I'll be able to wait until end of May for the other one. In any case I'll put another 17 miles on it driving it home !

GTMark

GT Owner
Apr 10, 2006
Derry,
VIN was 1174.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Guys,
Thanks for all the help with the VIN question!