Delivery Costs/Alternatives/Shipping

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
The delivery cost appears to be a fixed 1250 regardless of proximity to the factory as all of the Ebay window stickers list that figure regardless of dealer location .

The obvious question is would it be possible to buy a car from remote dealer A and have the car delivered to local dealer B.

This would of course only work for a car currently under construction (my case) and if a "dealer B " would agree to take the delivery at a realistic fee.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
"YES" you can !! If both Dealers agree.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
This is exactly what I have done. I found an allocation and ordered the car from an Idaho dealer. I placed a post on this forum to find a dealer local to me (SoCal) and I got both dealerships to discuss and agree on delivery. Of course there is a fee that I have to pay the receiving dealership - but I will also count on them to do the registration and sales tax collection.

In doing this, I avoid any additional shipping cost and since the CA DMV will consider the local dealer as the selling dealer, I won't have to hassle with smog certificates, etc.

One word of caution. I believe that the destination dealer needs to be established before the order is "frozen" for production. In other words, you have a certian period of time to change options on your car before this "freeze" and I believe the destination has to be established before this freeze date as well.

Best of luck.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The dealerships call it drop shipping.