Count me back in!

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Well, I didn't think it was going to happen, but I just ordered an 06 GT! I know it will be blue with no Mcintosh and no stripes. Trying to cancel the wheels right now. The only option will be red calipers. It was a long wait to get 2K under MSRP! but I can't wait!

so add me to the soon to be owners list. :biggrin
DanQ

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Congrats Dan - everything comes to the one who waits.......either that or they miss everything :cheers

Going to take the GT to Blackhawk?

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations Dan - worth the wait! :cheers

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Yeah, I'd like to take it to blackhawk, road america. I need to look into some non wheel to wheel events, maybe autocross or BMW drivers schools. Don't want to take a risk of getting hit, beyond the risk I put it to myself!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
DanQ said:
Yeah, I'd like to take it to blackhawk, road america. I need to look into some non wheel to wheel events, maybe autocross or BMW drivers schools. Don't want to take a risk of getting hit, beyond the risk I put it to myself!
Dan, congrats ! :thumbsup (great blue without the middle stripe, hope you take the side stripes though, looks best, or black with stripe delete also very mean if you ask any old italian style conscious GT owner here.....)
RE the wheels, some time ago there was a thread clearly (!) indicating that the base wheels are the ones to get. The price differential for the BBS's doesn't work out. Save the option, have the standard 'classsic' wheels, they look great on blue, and then go for some racy wheels as they are being worked out here, with bigger inch diameter. Better steer in then, and stiffer handling on the track. The BBS's are nice, but rather buy them after getting the standard one's delivered first. Make the numbers, you'll see !

congrats again,
:cheers
Stefan

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Yep, just confirmed today I'll be getting the standard wheels. We were able to change to order! I've got side stripes and red calipers just like I wanted it. I was torn between blue and black, but figured blue was best of both worlds. Some metallic flash, yet almost black in certain light. I've priced out optional bbs wheels at fordracingparts.com, but I need to look at some custom halibrands yet.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Blue is my favorite stock color...congrats. :cheers

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
:cheers Sounds like a beauty! What's the build time Dan? I see that you're in Illinois so I'd like to see you get the car ASAP so you can enjoy the summer and fall seasons. Best of luck once she arrives! BD40

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
congrats :biggrin
sounds like a winning combo :banana