clutch switch?

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
What is the part called that detects the clutch is fully depressed before you can start the car?

I was out having some fun earlier banging shifts and I think I broke something. I have to sort of pump the clutch a couple of times before I can start the car.

Is there a single part number for that piece?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
What is the part called that detects the clutch is fully depressed before you can start the car?

I was out having some fun earlier banging shifts and I think I broke something. I have to sort of pump the clutch a couple of times before I can start the car.

Is there a single part number for that piece?

its usually a swith of some sort,, I havent looked at the gt, but I bet is a momentary push swicth that get activated at the end travel of the clutch pedal, just look under the dash and depress the clutch and look for the switch should be obvious,

Aug 25, 2006
There is a switch that is easy to see and remove under the dash at the clutch pedal arm

Takes care

Shadowman

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
There is a switch that is easy to see and remove under the dash at the clutch pedal arm

Takes care

Shadowman

dont you ever sleep? dont answer that, ofcourse you dont:lol welcome to my and Kumars late night party:banana

Aug 25, 2006
dont you ever sleep? dont answer that, ofcourse you dont:lol welcome to my and Kumars late night party:banana

I; my friend am in the middle of my second shift; LOL

FYI I have had that switch out before and it takes all of about 30 seconds to pull it out.

All the best and have a great weekend

Shadowman