Clutch Chatter

HAD2HAVE

KRAZYPSI
Oct 25, 2006
I just took delivery of my 06 GT and I've already noticed a hint of vibration when taking off in first gear.

Has anyone else here experienced this?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think you could do a search and find many threads with different types of clutch issues. You will likely find detailed answers to your question.

Congrats on your new GT... you'll love it!

HAD2HAVE

KRAZYPSI
Oct 25, 2006
Fubar said:
I think you could do a search and find many threads with different types of clutch issues. You will likely find detailed answers to your question.

Congrats on your new GT... you'll love it!

Much appreciated! :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
You might be in 3rd gear; 1st is slight off to left.

I know, i know; we all started in 3rd once

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
HAD2HAVE said:
I just took delivery of my 06 GT and I've already noticed a hint of vibration when taking off in first gear.

Has anyone else here experienced this?
It might just go away, once the clutch is a bit broken in. One good trick to do is to do some (controlled) downshifts when you are on the highway, decelerating the car with the clutch gripping, revving up the engine. It is a countermovement then vs the acceleration grip on the discs, and can smoothen out things on the disksurfaces, responsible for the chatter..

HAD2HAVE

KRAZYPSI
Oct 25, 2006
SLF360 said:
It might just go away, once the clutch is a bit broken in. One good trick to do is to do some (controlled) downshifts when you are on the highway, decelerating the car with the clutch gripping, revving up the engine. It is a countermovement then vs the acceleration grip on the discs, and can smoothen out things on the disksurfaces, responsible for the chatter..

Thanks for the advice.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
My stock clutch always chattered until it went away !