Charity Car Show with Bill Ford

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
as many of you know, the Ford Motor Company has a charity that is extremely important to them which is JDRF which is all about juvenile diabetes. If you've noticed thru the years at Barrett Jackson, usually the cars they donate for charity goes to the JDRF.
I was invited by Ford employees to bring the GT between Ford buildings 1 and 3 off Rotunda in Dearborn where the employees bring their cars as well.
There was a 1968 Shelby GT500KR convertible that pulled up in the driveway and just parked there which at first I thought was pretty rude until I seen who got out. It was Bill Ford! He greeted everyone and walked over to look at my GT. he thanked me for bringing it. I first called him Mr. Ford and he said, no please call me Bill. we talked about GTs for along time and he told me about his.

I asked him if he was coming to Rally X and he said he didn't know about it so I went ahead and invited him and he asked me send him an email about as well. hope he shows up with his white/blue stripe GT. hope that's OK
Ford Car Show 003.jpgFord Car Show 007.jpgFord Car Show 008.jpgFord Car Show 009.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
That's cool!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I thought he looked good in the KR. it was a stick shift too!

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Never know who you are going to see at car shows. Sounds like Bill was very friendly. I bumped into Chip Foose and Jerry McQuire once at a California C&C show and both were friendly folks that liked to talk about cars.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
No way, what a neat thing to happen. :thumbsup

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Very cool! Did you have him sign your car?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Ed- dam it, I was so pumped up I totally forgot to have him sign it. that would have been cool for sure.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I have sticker of his sig if you want some.

Ed

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
ed- that would be very cool to have.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
just got an email back from Bill Ford. he will be out of town the week of the rally so won't be able to attend.
I offered to drive his GT there but never got a response ! lol (just kidding)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
made the Ford news but wish they would have spelled my name correctly! or do I ??
http://www.at.ford.com/news/TeamCon...r-a-Good-Cause-at-JDRF-Fundraising-Event.aspx