Car d'Alene 6-19

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
FYI ---a really great custom car show this week end in Couer d"Alene, Idaho.

I'll be driving over from Seattle on Friday.

Any GT owners going to attend - give a call so we can meet up for a couple of :cheers

206-910-4334

Happy Fathers day to All.

Get'em outa the garage and drive them.

Jeff

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Get'em outa the garage and drive them.

Jeff

I'd really like to do that, but I don't have a driveway I can drive the car over right now...:frown :bored :thumbsdow

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Jeff, can't make the Couer d"Alene trip with you. I have tickets for the Vintage Historics at Kent on June 30 - hope to see you there. Ed

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Idaho car show

Ed & MT - It rained for the first 150 miles. Cloudy in Spokane.

I'll be at the Historics. Look for my 1968 Datsun 510 - Jade green/silver gray --car #669. I will have the GT there and my 1969 z/28 -frost green. Not sure which will be in the car corral. If it works out both will be there for the weekend.

See you Both there.:biggrin

Jeff

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jeff-

I'll give you a call later today. I should be there this afternoon with my Dad. :cheers

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
Hey Guys, Rob Harris here, (your Northern buddy). I am at the show havin a good time. I've eaten about six hot dogs, three pounds of jerky, a jar of peanuts, and rtoo MANY BEERS. One fella has a really nice superformance gt40 here. Has the Weslake heads and everything.

Rob 403 863-7689

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Rob-

Jeff and I hooked up yesterday at the show. Didn't know how to get in touch with you at the time, bummer. Jeff crashed the show in the afternoon and parked his GT next to the Superpro car. The two cars drew quite a crowd.

The Superpro GT looked great, but it always amazes me when they pretend to be "real" GT40s. The car documentation listed the car as "1966 Ford GT40". No mention of the replica nature of the car.

I'll give you a buzz this morning later. If you have some time and want to grab a bite in Bonners' on your way back up to the snowy north let me know.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Car d'Alene

Chris - glad we got together yesterday. Nice to meet your Pa.

Rob - I now know why there weren't any dogs left.
Here's a couple more brewski's for you.:cheers .

The "old" GT 40 was well done. It ended up getting the crowd favorite award.
According to the announcer:
1) it received more votes than any car has ever received at this show
2) This car was "The" LeMans winning car in 1966

In reality that car was brand new and had less than 1k on it. It was very nicely done. And the owner, Lynn, is a very nice fella. And he plans to drive his car and put it on the race track when ever he gets the chance. Sounds like someone I know.

I'm sure that he and Empty Pockets would get along well. His business card states he is :

"President, Physicist, Contraptioneer and Prognosticator of Future Advances".

Almost as good as "Galatic Sales Manager".:biggrin

Last edited:

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
Sorry I missed you Jeff and Chris. I would have liked to have met up. Not to worry, I will catch you at one of these events!!!!! Also Chris, I usually get through Idaho two or three times over the summer. I will e-mail you when I am heading down!

It was good to meet Lynn. His car certainly looked great. I couldn't stop staring at the engine!

All the best,

Rob (aka, the Saturday night kareoke king - Couers d'Alene 2007!)