Cabin Filter

FoaTech

May 14, 2012
Norcross, Ga
Has anyone changed a cabin filter in a 2017? I have a client that ordered the filter and while I am servicing the car, he wants it installed. I really don't want to start pulling the car apart to find it and information online is not there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
When they replaced my actuator, I could see the cabin filter there In the middle of everything. Looked like it would be a huge pain to get at. Do you have the service DVD? Sounds like a question for Italian Joe.

Reactions: italianjoe

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I had to do mine
We called Multimatic
Wasn’t that difficult when we knew what we were doing

FoaTech

May 14, 2012
Norcross, Ga
I had to do mine
We called Multimatic
Wasn’t that difficult when we knew what we were doing
Great, I don't have the DVD.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Great, I don't have the DVD.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I had a chance to look at the DVD. Seems pretty simple. Remove the Door Latch Control Module and the cabin filter is right under it. Reverse process and it is done.

Reactions: Ed Sims

FoaTech

May 14, 2012
Norcross, Ga
Thanks guys. I will get the DVD and carry on.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think you can only get parts from a certified Service Dealer. Regular Ford dealers may not have access. Or contact the Concierge.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Deleted

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Howard, I think you are in the wrong thread.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Thanks!

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Has anyone changed a cabin filter in a 2017? I have a client that ordered the filter and while I am servicing the car, he wants it installed. I really don't want to start pulling the car apart to find it and information online is not there.
Hello foatech, the replacement of the cabin air filter is not difficult at all just need to remove the nuts that hold the door lock module in place and under that will be the access door to gain access to the cabin air filter. I will send you the instructions for this procedure. If I may recommend that for the age of the vehicle I would do a brake fluid flush and clean out the brake cooling ducts.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Reactions: Special K and JWZ