Borla on...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just installed my Borla yesterday. I had the tips ceramic coated to avoid the heat discoloration. The ceramic coat matches the silver stripes perfectly so that was a nice bonus. I did the install myself (with my brother). It's wasn't to tuff. It took about 3 hours.

I am very pleased with the Borla sound not to mention the nice "FORD RACING" tag on the top of the box. In terms of sound difference, I would say it's something like 10% louder and it seems like a deeper tone (but that could be in my head). 10% doesn't sound like much but it at RPMs over 3500 it gets guttural. It not near as loud as the Accufab but I can still sneak out of the neighborhood without waking the babies.

It's a little grainy but better than nothing at all.

Image008.jpg

Aug 25, 2006
Congradulations

The tips look nice

Takes care

Shadowman

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fubar said:
I am very pleased with the Borla sound not to mention the nice "FORD RACING" tag on the top of the box. In terms of sound difference, I would say it's something like 10% louder and it seems like a deeper tone (but that could be in my head). 10% doesn't sound like much but it at RPMs over 3500 it gets guttural. It not near as loud as the Accufab but I can still sneak out of the neighborhood without waking the babies.[/img]

Hey, I'm glad you're satisfied with the sound. I assume you got the hardware issue worked out with Borla or Ford. Guess I owe you a beer or three. :cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Right on! Yeah, Borla actually suggested that I go to PepBoys and get the hardware. They said it would be cheaper and faster. They were right, it cost <$5 and I had it in 30 minutes.

Thanks for deal.

Terrence

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
Los Angeles
I have the Borla also. I prefer its sound which is not as loud as Accufab but pleasantly agressive.