BJ GT 500 sale postponed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I was wondering what happened......

I can't watch the re-runs, but man watching the auctions live is sooooo addictive

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/18/carroll-shelby-catches-a-cold-first-2010-gt500-rescheduled-for/

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Carroll has to be very careful in his condition being around others as his immune system is very delicate. He's been running these past two weeks, La to vegas, La to Detroit for Auto show hype. His Birthday bash was last week as he turned 86. Ford runs him ragged, but he enjoys it! The energized bunny. Tomy

H

HHGT

Get well Carroll

A near and dear friend of mine asked Carroll to autograph a gift for my 50th B'day. Soon after, I was told that he was departing to Arizona and came down with something. I am grateful to have a personal autograph of the man and very grateful of my friend Mike Rivera and his Mrs. that made this happen. No doubt this will go in my new garage soon and best wishes to Mr. Shelby.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Does the name SHELBY belong to Ford ?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
No it does not. Nor does the name Cobra belong to Shelby, it is owned by Ford and used with license by Shelby

Carnut

FORD GT OWNER
Jan 19, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
I am amazed at how active CS is still. I doubt that I could keep up.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I was really puzzled, over at another site, some one posted from Shelby that was a moderator, that Shelby was never supposed to be at BJ, and Ford is tossing CS under the bus? I did not understand the post, and it seemed really strange. That site has been down for the last 2 days so I can't bring over the post? Who knows the truth I am sure is somewhere inbetween, and I am not on the "inside" to know anything real........

If Mr Shelby has a cold, or what ever, I hope he feels better soon, I too hope I have anywhere near the stamina he does in his 80's. Heck, I hope to even be alive and still have the passion for cars that I have now.....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would take that with a grain of salt Andy. CS was just in Detroit for the Auto Show on Ford's behalf.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Carroll is on his 3rd heart - his original and 2 transplants. He is very susceptible to illness due to the drugs necessary to keep it operational. I, for one, can easily believe that any slight bug might put him back to the doctor's office. As such, I'm amazed at the amount of activity he generates.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Agree 1000000% I was wondering why someone would have posted that vs just letting it go.

I would take that with a grain of salt Andy. CS was just in Detroit for the Auto Show on Ford's behalf.