Bentley Long Island?

twk63

Apr 29, 2006
I am talking to Bently Long Island about one of the Ford GTs they have for sale. It is my experience that some exotic dealers are not the most scrupulous, are there any stories about Bentley LI I should know or are they straight-shooters?

Thanks very much! With any luck, I will be joining the ranks of Gt owners very shortly. :thumbsup

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I cannot speak to their mandacity (or its lack) but of all the dealers I interracted with trying to buy a car, they were by far, top to bottom, unquestionably the biggest and most complete assholes I ever ran into.

Im suprised that anyone would consider buying from them as the USED cars that they have (Red 05 and white 05 as I recall) have been listed and relisted and relisted time and time again on Ebay but never sell. As we all know price is always the reason.

There are still cars out there to buy from more professional places and likely for better prices.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Dr Robert Harms said:
I cannot speak to their mandacity (or its lack) but of all the dealers I interracted with trying to buy a car, they were by far, top to bottom, unquestionably the biggest and most complete assholes I ever ran into.

Im suprised that anyone would consider buying from them as the USED cars that they have (Red 05 and white 05 as I recall) have been listed and relisted and relisted time and time again on Ebay but never sell. As we all know price is always the reason.

There are still cars out there to buy from more professional places and likely for better prices.

Well said. I agree 100%!

ajgt

Permanent Vacation
Nov 30, 2005
atlanta, ga
twk63 if you want a car at a good price from a reputable ford dealer call kenny goodman 305-790-8253, check your pm.

twk63

Apr 29, 2006
Thanks to everyone for the responses. It sounds like you guys are saving me from making a mistake.

ajgt, PM received. Thanks.

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
I actually bought a GT from Bently Long Island. Worked very well, love the car.
Tom

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
While I would normally tend to agree with most responses concerning the purchase of a GT from a reputable Ford dealer, I, like Tom, have also purchased a GT from Bently Long Island in Jerico New York.

I really had no problems with the purchase and was able to pick up the car for about 2K over MSRP. Monies were wired to them on Feb 8th but the car did not arrive IN Platteville, WI for about 3 weeks. Turned out it was not Bently Long Island but the transport company. About the time of the purchase there was a pretty bad winter storm in the area and they waited for a fairly long time to get the car out to me.

It really didn't matter since I had hip replacement on Feb 9th and it would be about a month after receiving the car before I was actually able to sit in it for the first time. For a couple of weeks I spent lots of time in the garage drooling! First time I got into it I took it out on the interstate and got it up to 150 mph ... but I digress.

Bottom line: I had no problems with my purchase from Bently Long Island in Jerico, NY. The car still had the plastic wrap on the inside, steering wheel, etc. and had a total of 38.6 miles on it. Given my experience with them, I would most likely purchase another car from them if they had exactly what I wanted.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would think twice before slamming anyone on the internet. Check the VW GTI forum for a guy that mildly slammed the Atlanta VW dealer and got sued. I sent some $$ for his defense. May I suggest you post your question and ask for private messages or email answers?? It can get very ugly, very fast.

How did the hip replacement go? I have two of them for an old injury. The new techniques sure make it easier than before.

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
bony said:
IHow did the hip replacement go? I have two of them for an old injury. The new techniques sure make it easier than before.

Replacement went pretty well. Had to keep weight off for 6 weeks due to missing bone in hip socket, slowed recovery but doing well now. I had the resurfacing technique done instead of traditional replacement and heard last week it was finally approved by FDA. Will need to have the second one done, probably this winter, but have decided no more than one part replaced per year. Wife kept suggesting replacement of a different part, told her I'd consider it if she agreed to start using it more often. Haven't heard a peep from her since ... Damn! :thumbsdow

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
gtjim said:
Replacement went pretty well. Had to keep weight off for 6 weeks due to missing bone in hip socket, slowed recovery but doing well now. I had the resurfacing technique done instead of traditional replacement and heard last week it was finally approved by FDA. Will need to have the second one done, probably this winter, but have decided no more than one part replaced per year. Wife kept suggesting replacement of a different part, told her I'd consider it if she agreed to start using it more often. Haven't heard a peep from her since ... Damn! :thumbsdow

...its bad enough when they start replacing the hip joints... I prefer that nobody cuts on that other joint :wink Glad to hear things are ok, I am a few years away from replacing both sides...again :bs

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
bony said:
...its bad enough when they start replacing the hip joints... I prefer that nobody cuts on that other joint :wink Glad to hear things are ok, I am a few years away from replacing both sides...again :bs
How long have the current ones been in?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
gtjim said:
How long have the current ones been in?
hi,
13 years since the last little bout with a walker. My replacements where as a result of an accident and not degeneration. I am a big guy and that complicates everything. Just had an MRI and they tell me in another couple of three years to plan for the surgery and rehab. Of course the orthopods all say the same thing, get down to the weight that the insurance companies recommend :ack :ack
Today the typical patient is back driving and out and about in less than 5 weeks. Much better than in the past. Second time I had them replaced I was in bed for 6 weeks before therapy. NFF :confused
God Bless America,
daniel

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
bony said:
hi,
13 years since the last little bout with a walker. My replacements where as a result of an accident and not degeneration. I am a big guy and that complicates everything. Just had an MRI and they tell me in another couple of three years to plan for the surgery and rehab. Of course the orthopods all say the same thing, get down to the weight that the insurance companies recommend :ack :ack
Today the typical patient is back driving and out and about in less than 5 weeks. Much better than in the past. Second time I had them replaced I was in bed for 6 weeks before therapy. NFF :confused
God Bless America,
daniel
Yeah, know what you mean ... I'm a big guy also, although about 1/2 of what I was 3 years ago. Still takes a couples of steps to get things moving when I get up, but one heck of a lot better than before surgery. Wouldn't have been able to get into the GT before surgery, even had to stop riding the cycle. Looking forward to meeting you as well as all others on this forum.