Belly Pan Dippers

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I know there was an old post about the 05-06 belly pan dippers but could not find it. I just changed the oil in my 06 GT and the dippers looked really bad so i thought i would try to clean them. Tried a couple of spray cleaners but didn't help much. I had an old standby can of "GOOF OFF", I thought it might damage them but gave it a try. No damage and they cleaned up really nice and look new. No one can see them but were just nasty. Give it try next time you have it off.

Attachments

• IMGP1093.JPG
    IMGP1093.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMGP1094.JPG
    IMGP1094.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMGP1095.JPG
    IMGP1095.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 53

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think you mean "diapers." Did you see this cleaner while you were watching Oprah?

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
It took me two months, but the new Diaper I ordered at the dealer finally arrived from Ford.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
You can carefully stretch the diaper over the retaining washer, taking them off the pans. This allows you to clean the other side, and the pan under. Ive done it many times. I use brake clean.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I worked on one that had leaked a bunch of fluid. A week of the pan vertical and the diaper stopped dripping. Then hit it with some brake clean and rags and it sat another few days.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
To save my OEM diaper I used it as a template and made a number of replacements out of oil absorbent matting. More or less the same thickness and I just discard them whenever the pan is removed.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
To save my OEM diaper I used it as a template and made a number of replacements out of oil absorbent matting. More or less the same thickness and I just discard them whenever the pan is removed.
Good old American ingenuity.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Actually Canadian ingenuity

Good old American ingenuity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nafod