Be very very careful

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm selling my 422ci Z06 in order to clear space for the GT, and the other day I talked to the guy who sold me the motor for that car. He's been a good friend of mine over the years and is the guy who *really* got me into fast cars. He had a 436ci C5 Vette that he ran and ran hard all the time. We did alot of drag racing, went to a few roadcourses, backroad road trips, etc.

Anyhow, he sold that car to a guy local to him in the Toronto area. We hadn't talked in a few weeks, and I just talked to him to find the guy he sold the car crashed it. He sent me the pics and said "recognize this?". Sure enough, a 500rwhp car I've been in many times, torn in HALF, with the motor on the other side of the freeway median. The motor hit a car driving the other way!

Unfortunately, the guy he sold it to did not survive the accident. He died a few days later. Additionally, unfortunately he was involved in a purported three way street race at the time of the crash.

It's always terrible when you see these things happen, but really shocking when you see a car you've spun out in going high speeds on a racetrack (car had rollcage, race tires, track pads etc) absolutely demolished on the street. :frown

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Doesn't look like the buyer had as much common sense and skill as the original owner....

Could happen to any of us if we have a lapse of brain activity. A somber alert indeed.