Atlanta - Car show this Saturday 7/22

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
if you have never been to the monthly informal Exotic Car Show held at Giovanni's, you should join us. The next one is this Saturday 7/22 from 4:00 to dark. This months feature is Pantera.

Giovanni;s
3630 Peachtree Parkway
Suwanee GA 30024
770-232-1122

Each month they feature a make or model. There is usually some Ferrari's, Cobra's, Alfas, Corvette's, Lamborghini's, Triumphs, Lotus, etc.

I'll either be driving my Ferrari or C6 Z06. I will be picking up my GT in the next couple of weeks and can't wait to take it to the August event.

- Bill

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I took delivery of an '07 Z06 today and will come out with either that or the GT if the weather is dry.

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Kirby Vieira said:
I took delivery of an '07 Z06 today and will come out with either that or the GT if the weather is dry.

Please bring the GT for two reasons:

1.) I want to be the only C6 Z06.
2.) I want to see the front trunk space because I plan on driving my car back from the dealer which is 1,100 miles. I may need some clothes and plan to ship the car cover home.

You're going to love my exhaust. I installed the Corsa and now it sounds right! I have a Ferrari 355 and that is the best sounding V8 on the planet, but the C6 Z06 with the Corsa is #2.

Hope to see you,

- Bill

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Bill:

"Trunk space" in a GT?

Well, it ranks right up there with the glove box.

- doc

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
We had a great time today. We had some Ferrari's, NSX's, a Lancia, 2006 DB9, couple of Elise's, and 1 Ford GT.

It was nice meeting you Eric.

- Bill

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Sorry I was a no show, but it was rainy in Atlanta from around 4 to 7. If I had known Eric was going to be there with his GT, I would have brought the rain or shine Z06

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
interesting day in Atlanta...

I drove over to that place around 6 PM & there were only a few cars left. :frown (I would have gotten there sooner had the Yahoo map directions been accurate - they ID'd the address as a place full of trees about 1 1/2 miles before the shopping strip. Then the first 3 people I asked for directions had no clue & sent me on a wild goose chase.) Apparently the rain scared everyone away, including Eric & his GT!!! There were a green & a white Alfa Romeo, 2 F355 (black & red), a couple Mercedes, a silver Aston Martin, a silver NSX, a brown Pantera, & a few others I can't remember. No Z06... I was really hoping there would have been more Panteras there (or the owner) as I had several questions & was really hoping to check them out... That was my first time seeing an NSX also. Again, the owner disappeared w/the rain. :bored

There was additional excitement however... I had some fun trying to teach a certain someone how to drive stickshift. Any of you ever try this? Five minutes of jerking, stalling, yelling at each other, & a few thrown in swears & I decided to take over my position in the driver's seat. Sports cars apparently don't make good training cars for learning stick shift...

Hope you guys had fun despite the rain & I guess I'll see you at the rally! :wink

MJ

Last edited:

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
eshrink said:
Bill:

"Trunk space" in a GT?

Well, it ranks right up there with the glove box.

- doc

Well said....it also compares favorably with the cup holder and the change holder

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I was there and stayed for about 90 mins. Sorry I missed you Piccola, I would have loved to meet you. And I really missed my friend Kirby

I was happy to finally meet Bill though. The Black F355 is Bill's and it is in excellent condition. It is also for sale so if anyone is interested they should contact Bill (FFcobra). Thanks for everything Bill.

I should also point out that Bill will be joining the GT nation as he is getting a GT next week. It will be delivered by his father-in-law whom I also met and who is the owner of the silver NSX mentioned by Piccola in her post.

There were two Panteras there when I arrived but alas, they did not stay long. There was also a Carrera 4, a 512TR, three Lotus (Lotae?), one Esprit, and two Elises, one boss looking custom Camaro, two NSXs, a BMW Z4 and others I can't recall.

Interestingly enough, the GT garnered most of the attention and hopefully not to the chagrin of the other attendees: they all had wonderful cars. I was planning on bringing my Viper next time, but the GT was such a hit, I'll probably bring it again.

Eric

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
We do this event every month. Each month they feature a different make or model. Hopefully we can get the GT/GT40 featured one month. There are a couple of GT40's from Superformance that show up and 1 CAV.

Eric - let me know when you want to use my lift. It would be nice to do an oil change so we can figure out how easy it is. I suspect it will be a piece of cake.

See you guys next month!

- Bill