anyone know ware the gt40 that won lamanse

tmaxxgod4

May 19, 2007
i was just wondering if anyone knew wear the gt40 that crossed 1st place in the 1 2 3 finish is? is it on display or own priventy or is it gone lol

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
The car was at Le Mans last year for the Le Mans Classic which was billed as a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the 1-2-3 victory (actually all three GT40s were there). Both Neilda and I from the Forum were at Le Mans with our cars for this event and did a lap of the track before the start of one of the races. Neil drove like an idiot passing cars at breakneck speed during a “parade” lap while I drove very responsibly.

I believe the first place car is owned by a collector somewhere in the U.S. but I'm not sure this is correct.

Rob

mare-procellarum

Jun 9, 2006
http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org
The Miles car (the #2 car that should have been #1) is on display at the Shelby American Collection Museum in Boulder Colorado. This past Christmas at the annual party as the night was winding down someone asked if Bill Murray (the mechanic and driver for many of the cars in the collection) would start it up for a "donation". Bill Jumped in and fired it up, everyone went nuts, and the guy plopped down his credit card to make a $1000 donation to the museum and stated simply "worth every penny". Its owned By Larry Miller of Utah, who also owns Miller Motorsports park. Larry started as a parts counter guy at a toyota dealership and gave new meaning to the term "working your way up". He now owns over 60 dealerships, several theatres, the Utah Jazz and more historically significant Ford and Shelby race cars then just about anyone. The best thing about his collection..... they are raced hard as intended and are on display for the public to see. Steve Volk (another hard working class act) also owns several significant cars in the collection that are raced.

sac06_049.jpg

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Neil drove like an idiot passing cars at breakneck speed during a “parade” lap while I drove very responsibly.

Rob

:lol :lol

I looked up 'Responsibly'

1. moving or proceeding with little or less than usual speed or velocity:
2. characterized by lack of speed: a slow pace.
3. taking or requiring a comparatively long time for completion.
4. requiring or taking a long time for growing, changing, or occurring; gradual
5. sluggish in nature, disposition, or function.
6. dull of perception or understanding; mentally dull.
7. not prompt, readily disposed, or in haste.
8. little speed or intensity
9. slack; not busy
10. having some quality that retards speed or causes movement, progress, work, etc., to be accomplished at less than the usual or expected rate of speed
11. running at less than the proper rate of speed or registering less than the proper time, as a clock.
12. passing heavily or dragging, as time
13. not progressive; behind the times
14. dull, humdrum, uninteresting, or tedious
15. A little bit gay or bi-curious.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

9. slack; not busy
10. having some quality that retards speed or causes movement, progress, work, etc., to be accomplished at less than the usual or expected rate of speed
11. running at less than the proper rate of speed or registering less than the proper time, as a clock.

:eek Uuuuuuh ...whut partickler dickshunary do you be usin' there, Neil???:lol

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL

9. slack; not busy

That is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read! I have to hand it to you Brits as after living in your country for four years I have tremendous respect for your education system. It produces such great writers, professors, lawyers, debaters etc. It’s such a shame that everyone in Britain spends so much time pontificating that nothing ever gets made or accomplished… oh I’m sorry you did produce that lovely new London 2012 Olympic logo…

Attachments

• London 2012 Olympic logo.JPG
    London 2012 Olympic logo.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

tmaxxgod4

May 19, 2007
wow id love to go see car #2 so the 1st car is in the u.s .. anyone know if can be seen or is it in some guys home outa sight lol. and just being on the topic what happen to car #3

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
wow id love to go see car #2 so the 1st car is in the u.s .. anyone know if can be seen or is it in some guys home outa sight lol. and just being on the topic what happen to car #3

We're too busy insulting each other on this thread to answer these questions!

tmaxxgod4

May 19, 2007
http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org
The Miles car (the #2 car that should have been #1) is on display at the Shelby American Collection Museum in Boulder Colorado. This past Christmas at the annual party as the night was winding down someone asked if Bill Murray (the mechanic and driver for many of the cars in the collection) would start it up for a "donation". Bill Jumped in and fired it up, everyone went nuts, and the guy plopped down his credit card to make a $1000 donation to the museum and stated simply "worth every penny". Its owned By Larry Miller of Utah, who also owns Miller Motorsports park. Larry started as a parts counter guy at a toyota dealership and gave new meaning to the term "working your way up". He now owns over 60 dealerships, several theatres, the Utah Jazz and more historically significant Ford and Shelby race cars then just about anyone. The best thing about his collection..... they are raced hard as intended and are on display for the public to see. Steve Volk (another hard working class act) also owns several significant cars in the collection that are raced.

sac06_049.jpg

to go with your story i got a 5 sec vid LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RJLsSUXHuEU

tmaxxgod4

May 19, 2007
We're too busy insulting each other on this thread to answer these questions!

LMAO well thats easy to see BUT some people are intersted in this topic and know the ansers LOL so keep on insulting LOL it is keeping me amused...ill just wach back for your replay to him and a replay to my qustion at hand LOL

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Stauffer Classics LTD Bluemounds, WI. George's private collection. Don't know how current this is but he owned it about 4 or 5 years ago.

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Neilda and Gierkink, you're killing me over here! I'm laughing so much I can't even type a reply responsibly!

mare-procellarum

Jun 9, 2006
Stauffer is another guy with an incredible collection. I believe he used to be the DeTomaso importer for the US as well. I'm pretty sure he still owns it.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Stauffer's GT's

Here's a pic of a couple of George's GT's, his most famous (P1046), and his newest (5-1766) resting comfortably at home:

CIMG1440_Small_.JPG

When George submitted his info on his new GT for the SAAC GT Registry, I discovered that I had a few pictures of his car in the plant from one of my plant visits. Needless to say, he was pretty elated when I sent him copies of them.

I've known George a long time - he's definately one of "the good guys".

Jeff

tmaxxgod4

May 19, 2007
WOW what a lucky man! LOL

M

Mark O

I was forced to take lamanse classes when my wife was pregger with our first. :biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I was forced to take lamanse classes when my wife was pregger with our first. :biggrin

Oh, I thought is was some sort of basting sauce.:biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read! I have to hand it to you Brits as after living in your country for four years I have tremendous respect for your education system. It produces such great writers, professors, lawyers, debaters etc. It’s such a shame that everyone in Britain spends so much time pontificating that nothing ever gets made or accomplished… oh I’m sorry you did produce that lovely new London 2012 Olympic logo…

:lol

Good to see you tonight Rob - hope the dinner was good, I'm sorry that the restaurant I recommended didn't serve McNuggets, however I'm sure that won't have got in the way of a good evening.

Yes we did design the Olympic logo which, I must confess, was not our finest hour. I'm told it's particularly effective with the hard of hearing or those wishing to fine tune long range binoculars.

:biggrin