Anyone have a Heritage Speed Lingerie picture?

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida
I have a Heritage GT that I bought with 1.7 miles on it.

You will be happy to know I am driving it (even if it is just a little) with about 50 careful miles.

The thought of the frist stone chip or damage to the radiator sickens me.

Speed Lingerie says they have the Heritage color on there web site but there is no picture. Has anyone bought it? Or have a picture?

I want to keep the car as a low mile / show car but still want to drive and enjoy it some without the damage.

Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• DSC05660.jpg
    DSC05660.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 224

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I had the same concerns when mine had 2.4 miles on it. Been driving the GT for 6 months now and eventully you got over it and learn to enjoy without fear! I am a car show guy also and plan to keep the GT for years to come so paint and mechanical preservation are at the top of my list of concerns. I have been attending car show for over 25 years and have seen many cars with paint damage from bras. I thought about the clear film that some folks here are using but I can't help but wonder what the long term effects will be to the paint. I have decided to let the car be and just have the paint touched up as necessary, just as I have done with my BOSS 302 and BOSS 429 show cars.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Tony,

No Heritage colored bra, but here is a picture of the Heritage with a black bra on it.

I chose to go with black rather than colored because I have yet to see a colored bra that matches the paint on the car nor do they hold their color over time. I just don’t like the differential color effect.

To each his own.

Attachments

• DSC0076.jpg
    DSC0076.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 141

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Tony,

No Heritage colored bra, but here is a picture of the Heritage with a black bra on it.

I chose to go with black rather than colored because I have yet to see a colored bra that matches the paint on the car nor do they hold their color over time. I just don’t like the differential color effect.

To each his own.

Does the screen that is part of the bra for the radiator affect the cooling/engine temp during street driving?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Does the screen that is part of the bra for the radiator affect the cooling/engine temp during street driving?

No, not at all.

The updated version fits much better [no flapping over the front of the nose] than the initial offering.

Also, some additional benifits the SL Bra offers is head & fog light protection, no butterflys in the radiator, and somewhat of a padded protection against larger flying debris.

My personal opinion is that it offers more upside than downside protection than the "film".

Again, to each his own.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The thought of the frist stone chip or damage to the radiator sickens me.

Be prepared to get 'em no matter what you do, Tony.
Unless you wrap the whole car in something, it's going to get nicked somewhere, sometime, some way.
One member's GTX1 got nailed IN THE SIDE by debris launched from a lawnmower!
You can't win!:frown

Either the car will be "garage sculpture" and remain PERFECT (barring something falling on it in the garage ...or a fire... or a hurricane ... or ...!), OR it'll be driven and get nicked now & then.

Dat's jus' th' way 'tis.:willy :cheers