Anybody driving these ?

astat1

Jun 20, 2006
I currently own a 69 GT500 convertible (SEE August 2006 Automobile Collector magazine), and am looking for a GT. I drive my car about 1200-1500 miles a year (summer in the midwest). Most other owners of similar cars rarely drive their cars. I was wondering how many of you lucky guys are putting numbers on the odometer? I understand the early depreciation in value that the milage will have on these cars but if I ever get my hands on one that will not be an issue.....I hope. :cool

66GT40

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 18, 2005
I just returned from a 2300 mile trip from Reno, NV. to NE Ohio. This was the return side of a trip I made in April-May from NE Ohio to Reno via Tucson, and Las Vegas before finishing in Reno. This was 3200 miles. It was a blast.
Jerry

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Had the car for 4 months and put 4000 miles on it. Bought it to drive not to worry about resale value (not planning on selling). At some point it may start to sit more but for now I drive it just about any place (with no passenger you can fit groceries just fine).

astat1

Jun 20, 2006
Those are some beautiful cruises. Glad to hear these are being driven. I could definately see having one in a bubble if you have a stable full of cars. My GT500 is my one and only (right now) so I consider it my duty to drive. Life is too short to save the depreciation for the next guy! :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
4400 miles here at almost the 2 month point. I have serious problems not being able to keep myself from driving it !

Viper 1

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Miles Driven

I just traded my 69 GT 500 for my Heritage GT. I got tired of the 500 sitting all the time. The 500 is pretty to look at but an old car to drive. I love driving the GT and don't care how many miles I put on it. I have other cars to drive so it won't get that many miles anyway. Get a GT you'll love it. Ken

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
As someone once said on this forum, "Buy the car you want not the one you want to sell." I think this applies to resale value and miles driven as well. You could die tomorrow...and then someone else would put the miles on your car!! I have put about 450 miles in the past month. Will attend a rally with a local Ferrari club in July and VIR in August...so the miles will be adding up.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Miles driven...

Owned 16 days, driven 1600 miles, 1 track day. I love this car! :biggrin Buy it, drive it - life's too short.

Gordo.