Andriod malware, Apple seems to be doing a better job

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...Tens of thousands of users of Android-based smartphones have downloaded applications capable of taking over their phones with malicious software designed to steal data or send expensive messages, security experts have warned...

...Google, the Android developer, has removed 55 such applications from its official Android Marketplace after being alerted to them by amateur and professional researchers...

From

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/bf3d6002-452e-11e0-80e7-00144feab49a.html#axzz1FWfQ0lE2

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The trouble is, if you say you like the iPhone, you are immediately accused of being an Apple Fan-boy, gay or whatever slur works in your particular territory! :)

I switched to an iPhone last year after years of other makes - in fact I had one of the first ever mobile phones which was the size of a small public building. I've done Nokia, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Blackberry.... had 'em all. The iPhone 4 is a joy in comparison. I don't need free applications, I don't need to jail-break it, I just want an address book, calendar and phone that works. It just does.

Yours,

Gay Apple Fan-boy. :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Some would say that a BMW goes well with a iPhone and iPad; all very popular in San Francisco.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
As these devices transform from phone to computer that can also make phone calls you will see this more and more. I chose my phone based on its ability to be a pocket size computer, and that is what it is. Having said this I expect it to have everything that a small tablet would bring to the table including the down sides, viruses and hacking. In the real world is any one of us going to give up our office desktop or notebook based on what could go wrong? Just be smart and keep vital personal info off your phone! By the way my nokia is the best phone I have ever had!!!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I switched to an iPhone last year after years of other makes - in fact I had one of the first ever mobile phones which was the size of a small public building. I've done Nokia, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Blackberry.... had 'em all. The iPhone 4 is a joy in comparison. I don't need free applications, I don't need to jail-break it, I just want an address book, calendar and phone that works. It just does.

Mee too. I've used everything. I was the last in the household to convert - because clearly I am a profesional and can't be armed by these silly, consumer toys. Boy was i wrong. The iPhone has been a gamechanger - easily MUCH more productive of a tool than all of the others. There's certainly some things about Apple that I don't like - I've hated their iTunes ap and closed-system (while trumpeting openness) since day 1. But, I don't use my phone for music. Like you a phone, calendar, and multiple e-mail anywhere I am. Best of breed and it will be that way for awhile - though I love the competitive pressure!