ALMS Ford GT to run Sebring Jan 17-20....

Dec 7, 2007
Hi all, My name is Frank Perdomo and I am a Super Solo Driver and instructor with PBOC Motorsports Club. PBOC has a driving school and a racing series that runs year round at tracks like Sebring, Homestead, Moroso, Barber, and Daytona. It is open to all makes and models, the core group of the club is Porsche and Bmw with a growing following of Mustangs and Corvettes. PBOC is also extremely safety minded in their school and their racing, no carnage on track or car to car contact is tolerated(not to mention pit area jackassery). Well the weeked on January 16-20 they are having their annual Winterfest at Sebring Raceway, checking the entry list, I found that the ALMS GT piloted by David Murray is signed up. This could be a neat chance to see it up close and in action before the 12hr race. Not to mention that entry fees are low, how is free....

For more info, visit www.pbocflorida.com . come out and check out what PBOC has to offer you. Maybe we can get some more GT's on track....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for the post. I'll try to make it. I would love to see the GT in action before the big race.

Dec 7, 2007
come on by, I will be in the paddock with about 7 other mustangs in our Camp PBMC....

Dec 7, 2007
here are a few pics from this past weekend, the GT ran the entire 6hr race and some practice sessions. It sounds really good, just plain nasty. More pics to come:

fordgt17.jpg

gtniterace.jpg

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Frank
Thanks for the post....any other pics would be appreciated.
Stewart

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
GT

That is their race mule. It is a normal GT with the supercharger and some body mods. They told me they were having over heating problems just like the rest of us after a few laps. Maybe they will come up with a solution for all of us.

The race car won't be delivered to Robertson until Feb 15th, so they will have to work hard to get ready.

Frank, I will email you when I get back from the Rolex. I would like to participate in some of your events.

Thanks for the post!!!

Tungsten

Dec 7, 2007
That sounds great Tungsten, if you have enough track time under your belt to be considered an intermediate student or even solo, you can join PBOC at their October event in Daytona. It will be a three day event with instruction for intermediate students, solo, super solo, instructors, and a whole gambit of racers. If not they have dates all year at Moroso, Homestead, Sebring, Barber, and now Daytona! Always fun, always safe, and always well worth the money!

Dec 7, 2007
Here are more pictures as promised, I am also including some pics from the event....
winterfest08002.jpg

winterfest08003.jpg

winterfest08005.jpg

winterfest08004.jpg

winterfest08001.jpg

winterfest08014.jpg

winterfest08017.jpg

winterfest08018.jpg

winterfest08019.jpg

winterfest08021.jpg

winterfest08023.jpg

winterfest08036.jpg

I think you can make out what is under there....
winterfest08034.jpg

sunny wheelen and his crew....
winterfest08045.jpg

palm beach mustang club camp...
winterfest08051.jpg

winterfest08033.jpg

winterfest08032.jpg

winterfest08030.jpg

winterfest08009.jpg

winterfest08006.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
One wiper! Wow.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Seems like the air going over the "rear exit radiator" whould be too hot.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
That is their race mule. It is a normal GT with the supercharger and some body mods. They told me they were having over heating problems just like the rest of us after a few laps. Maybe they will come up with a solution for all of us.

The race car won't be delivered to Robertson until Feb 15th, so they will have to work hard to get ready.

Frank, I will email you when I get back from the Rolex. I would like to participate in some of your events.

Thanks for the post!!!

Tungsten

I wonder if a mesh rear "window" like our Exige would help? They were not getting more than a few laps before they had to cool down.

And Don, I did a trackday with PBOC. Good people. In fact one of the guys in the pic's was my instructor. He has a beautiful gt3 rs :thumbsup

Dec 7, 2007
PBOC does a great job out on the track with their DE program and racing series. Their biggest asset is their core group of instructors that they have grown and brought up. I am an example of that. So when you go to the track with PBOC you will notice that there are very few jack asses rolling around.