Accufab on!

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Just got my Accufab xpipe installed. Folllowed the directions here (very well presented by the way) and all went just fine. To anyone who is looking to do this I have to say the sound is very good and not at all obtrusive or droning at any speed. The best part is the harsh bark above 5k. That is really cool!
I'd also like to thank John and all at Accufab for their courtesy and help in getting everything here on time. A real class outfit.
Tom

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
scylla6 said:
Just got my Accufab xpipe installed. Folllowed the directions here (very well presented by the way) and all went just fine. To anyone who is looking to do this I have to say the sound is very good and not at all obtrusive or droning at any speed. The best part is the harsh bark above 5k. That is really cool!
I'd also like to thank John and all at Accufab for their courtesy and help in getting everything here on time. A real class outfit.
Tom

Ditto, John called me yesterday to check on things and invite me to his GT event... kool guy. Great customer service. Love mine.

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Baffles? I was not aware there were any. So of course I have no idea on that. Any help on this?
On the crusing it is louder, a bit, but not at all objectionable. In fact I would prefer it to be a bit louder. I like the visceral stuff. Afterall it is a GT40 and should sound as such.
Tom

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
centerpunch said:
I think I was confused. Apparently it's the Ida system that has baffles.

So, can you still carry on a conversation with a passenger on the freeway, or is it so loud you have to raise your voice?

I love my x-pipe. Yes you have to talk louder to be heard at cruising speed but screw the passenger! It's a world class sports car and needs to make noise! :banana

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Accufab

I have had my Accufab on for several weeks andit is sweet!! I replaced my Borla. The Accufab is by far the best if you like a roar when you're on it. Conversation is not a problem.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
centerpunch said:
I think I was confused. Apparently it's the Ida system that has baffles.

So, can you still carry on a conversation with a passenger on the freeway, or is it so loud you have to raise your voice?

In 6 on the freeway it is almost impossible to tell it's not stock and even 5 th and 4 th it's not annoying unless your really trying to be but when you punch it up it will howl. It is a great pipe and a perfect solution IMO. Accufab I am happy.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
While curising at constant throttle between 70 to 100 MPH, there's no drone and conversation can be carried on as normal. I can even talk to myself in the same tone of voice as in my suv. :banana Now once you get on the loud padel, everything else gets louder, much louder, but usually when this happens, the car is accelerating so fast that I usually can't drive and talk at the same time anyway. The Xpipe is highly recommended. BTW, the temperature is rarely above 180 when I'm cruising on the freeway now. Cool! And the car is running cool also. :cheers