A couple of questions...wheel caps and electrical whine.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
How do the lug nut covers come off of the standard BBS wheels? The guy that put my tires on apparently put two of my caps on wrong (misaligned with the grooves in the wheels). I'm not taking it back to him since he screwed it up once. I've searched and searched the forum and cannot find a good answer to this...maybe I'm missing it...surely someone else has asked about this.

When I'm driving my car and have the turn signals on, I can hear an electrical whine which alternates on and off as the relay activates/deactivates. The sound changes pitch with the engine RPMs. Does anyone else hear this in their GT?

Just trying to finish up a few minor things before the car is loaded for Sonoma. My short throw is installed (freaking awesome), new shifter bezel and knob, extended seat adjustment bar, front end charge port and rear axle bolts. Can't wait!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Turn signal sound is normal. Not sure if designed this way but I love it. Kind of sounds like "Predator" self destruct timer.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I like the sound also...I just wanted to make sure my flux capacitor wasn't going bad. :)

Thanks for the links Sinovac.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The whine of the turn signal circuit is due to the unilateral phase detractors, a common occurance when working with turbo entabulators.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
As Ralphie said, related to the LED nature of the tail lights.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Hey Frank, Ralphie did not say that......
It's all about the turbo entabulators, man.