2024 G.T. reunion

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
We are putting on a special event in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in July 2024. This to celebrate 60 years of the Ford GT in all of its' iterations. This is the "1964-2024 Ford G.T. Reunion-, 60 years of GTs."

All GTs, i.e., FAV/JWA GT40s, SPF/SAFIR, Holman-Moody continuation cars, 05-06 GTs and of course the 2017 and up cars. We have 5 acres of paved parking and display area reserved at Pitt Race for GTs. There will be paced parade laps, open track time for tech inspected cars and on Sunday a "GT only" race event for qualified cars and drivers. GT drivers will have the chance to participate in "charity laps" during the track lunch breaks giving rides to people who pay for a passenger seat. All proceeds go to the PVGP charities.

Friday night will see a dinner and event at a hotel that will include video presentations, speakers and other GT related entertainment. Saturday will be show day and an optional catered barbeque lunch available. Pitt Race has excellent facilities with nice bathrooms, showers and an on-site convenience store. Parking for trucks and trailers is available and on-site camping is permitted in the designated area. Nighttime security will be provided by the Pennsylvania State Police. See Pitt Race here: https://www.pittrace.com/

The Pitt Race event is July 25-28 and is the kickoff for a weeks' worth of enthusiast events culminating with the Schenley Park races in Pittsburgh.

Hotel information will be announced after Thanksgiving. Several websites for the GT Reunion will be active soon and full details, pricing and other information will be online. Registration will be via MSR with links on the websites.

Just via word of mouth we have attendance commitments from a number of owners including some very historic cars. Until the websites go live, you can contact us at: info@fordgtreunion.com and please put "GT reunion" in the subject line. We will monitor this thread and answer any questions with the currently available information. As some of the details are not yet completed, there are some questions we can't answer with correct information yet.

We look forward to seeing everyone at Pitt Race and having a once in a lifetime event!

Last edited:

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
Looking for someone to be the "05-06 GT" coordinator for this event. Position will entail working with us on tracking registrations, fulfilling the registration at the track, i.e. giving out the I.D. tags, swag bags and helping to direct cars to the 05-06 parking area. The coordinator will receive complementary vehicle entry, event wearables (shirts, hat, that identity you as "staff") and Friday dinner and Saturday lunch. We are looking for someone well versed in the FGT community and enjoys interacting with other FGT people. please inquire at rick@autoventureusa.net

Also, the same for the new FGT.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Rick - I am interested in doing either 05 & 06 or 2017 & up. I have sent you an email with more information. If you don't receive the email for some reason, let me know on here.

Diana Duffee

Reactions: Sinovac

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
Rick - I am interested in doing either 05 & 06 or 2017 & up. I have sent you an email with more information. If you don't receive the email for some reason, let me know on here.

Diana Duffee
I received Diana's email and have appointed her "major domo" of Ford GTs! Still can use a few more helpers. Every day the event is shaping up to be outstanding. When we announce some of the attendees and cars it will be wild.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Way to go Diana !

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
I have attended two previous "GT40" events, the 1989 Watkins Glen reunion and the 2009 Road America event. We are very comfortable that this will exceed both of those events in terms of attendance and "fun per hour".

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
Some GT related vendors and service providers will be attending so bring your car and get parts and service!

Last edited:

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
So far, we have a number of 05-06 cars coming.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sounds like a cool event.

Ed

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York

Reactions: Vince H

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
www.fordgtreunion.com https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...GBSqGUebCLEt-t23ihNVpnaoFTC90UJWQ&oe=6570C893Watch this web page for details and to register for updates and more.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We are putting on a special event in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in July 2024. This to celebrate 60 years of the Ford GT in all of its' iterations. This is the "1964-2024 Ford G.T. Reunion-, 60 years of GTs."

All GTs, i.e., FAV/JWA GT40s, SPF/SAFIR, Holman-Moody continuation cars, 05-06 GTs and of course the 2017 and up cars. We have 5 acres of paved parking and display area reserved at Pitt Race for GTs. There will be paced parade laps, open track time for tech inspected cars and on Sunday a "GT only" race event for qualified cars and drivers. GT drivers will have the chance to participate in "charity laps" during the track lunch breaks giving rides to people who pay for a passenger seat. All proceeds go to the PVGP charities.

Friday night will see a dinner and event at a hotel that will include video presentations, speakers and other GT related entertainment. Saturday will be show day and an optional catered barbeque lunch available. Pitt Race has excellent facilities with nice bathrooms, showers and an on-site convenience store. Parking for trucks and trailers is available and on-site camping is permitted in the designated area. Nighttime security will be provided by the Pennsylvania State Police. See Pitt Race here: https://www.pittrace.com/

The Pitt Race event is July 25-28 and is the kickoff for a weeks' worth of enthusiast events culminating with the Schenley Park races in Pittsburgh.

Hotel information will be announced after Thanksgiving. Several websites for the GT Reunion will be active soon and full details, pricing and other information will be online. Registration will be via MSR with links on the websites.

Just via word of mouth we have attendance commitments from a number of owners including some very historic cars. Until the websites go live, you can contact us at: info@fordgtreunion.com and please put "GT reunion" in the subject line. We will monitor this thread and answer any questions with the currently available information. As some of the details are not yet completed, there are some questions we can't answer with correct information yet.

We look forward to seeing everyone at Pitt Race and having a once in a lifetime event!
Wow that sounds amazing
Sadly it coincides with my daughter’s wedding date! Look forward to seeing pictures and videos!
😢

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
Web landing page is live, will shortly be complete with registration details and link. https://fordgtreunion.com/

Host hotel (where the Friday evening program/dinner will be held) the Marriott Pittsburg North in Cranberry. That's about 20-25 minutes from the track (a lot less time in a GT!) and here is the link: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1701885356394&key=GRP

Have a bunch of "I'll be there" emails from GT owners.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We will be there with GT40P2047, 2006 Heritage and our 2018 Heritage. If the stars align our GT40 Mk I Gulf Heritage will also be there if we finish her! We can’t wait. We were there this past summer, ,where our 2006 Heritage and GT40 both won best in their class during the Shelby show.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Looking for someone to be the "05-06 GT" coordinator for this event. Position will entail working with us on tracking registrations, fulfilling the registration at the track, i.e. giving out the I.D. tags, swag bags and helping to direct cars to the 05-06 parking area. The coordinator will receive complementary vehicle entry, event wearables (shirts, hat, that identity you as "staff") and Friday dinner and Saturday lunch. We are looking for someone well versed in the FGT community and enjoys interacting with other FGT people. please inquire at rick@autoventureusa.net

Also, the same for the new FGT.
Rick, I am happy to help In any way. I live just over an hour from the track and will be there. I’ll shoot you an email.

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
Rick, I am happy to help In any way. I live just over an hour from the track and will be there. I’ll shoot you an email.
Tim,

Thanks. We have perks and amenities for those who volunteer to help.

Reactions: roketman

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
This page lets you register your interest in attending and get on the email list for updates, etc. https://fordgtreunion.com/ford-gt-reunion-2024/

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tim,

Thanks. We have perks and amenities for those who volunteer to help.
Your in good company and hands with Tim!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I plan on attending! Will be driving my 05 GT there. Hotel reservation made! Look forward to it!

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
I plan on attending! Will be driving my 05 GT there. Hotel reservation made! Look forward to it!
Looking like a real quantity of 05-06 cars are coming.