2011 gt500

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I like the wider stripe, personally. I know change is good, but I prefer the wider GT500 stripe.

ophiotoxlargeplateimage.jpg

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The problem with the nickasil engines was gasoline with sulphur in it. It corroded the bore, and as ShadowMan stated, no more compression.

Chip, it is my understanding that they can be sleeved, but the cost is prohibitive. Jaguar went back to sleeved engines, I don't know about BMW or Porsche.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
The problem with the nickasil engines was gasoline with sulphur in it. It corroded the bore, and as ShadowMan stated, no more compression.

Chip, it is my understanding that they can be sleeved, but the cost is prohibitive. Jaguar went back to sleeved engines, I don't know about BMW or Porsche.

Oooh, making my two month old GT500 sound great!!! Keep talking, I don't want to have to buy another one to keep up with Midnite Blu, Go Tungsten!

:ack

Aug 25, 2006
Bill,

I don't know anything about engine rebuilding, so I'll ask you. Rather than discard the block if it needed to be rebored, could it be sleeved with steel liners and reused?

Chip

Hi Chip

"Maybe"

The block if designed for a coated bore typically has a thinner wall to promote the best thermal transfer as such many cannot be bored and sleeved and they become a part of the global recycling program.

All the best

Shadowman

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'm seriously considering ordering a 2011, maybe as soon as next week. One good thing is the powertrain has a 6 year 60000 mile warranty, I believe. The other thing I would consider is the longest Ford extended warranty available, which I can buy for $100 over dealer cost through connections. If I end up with one of these, its going to be a daily driver for me, not some garage queen like most of the rest of my cars:driving: I'm thinking Kona blue,
performance pack, top stripe delete at the moment. Otherwise the red with same options. I kind of like the way the black accents look with the red, more pronounced, but the blue is oh so classy looking.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Mine's on order as of 2/1. Kona SVTPP NAV and Red with Silver stripes. Sounds like our twins........GO BLU

Attachments

• mygt500front.jpg
    mygt500front.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 288
  • mygt500.jpg
    mygt500.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
George you nailed the strips on your Kona girl. Awesome.:thumbsup

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hey Blu, you keeping them both? Love the stripes on you Kona car.

Last edited:

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oops, never mind. I see someone asked you that earlier on.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Mine's on order as of 2/1. Kona SVTPP NAV and Red with Silver stripes. Sounds like our twins........GO BLU

Midnite

Your stripes are awesome, only problem is the car is Blue!!! Go Tungsten!

No one takes a blue car seriously:thumbsup

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Hey Eric

Midnite

Your stripes are awesome, only problem is the car is Blue!!! Go Tungsten!

No one takes a blue car seriously:thumbsup

Come to the 24hr.LM........GO BLU

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Come to the 24hr.LM........GO BLU

fipikul and I have jobs, Midnite........

would love to go ot the 24hrs of Le Mans, then maybe a 2 week cruise afterwards...??????? NOT!

Can't do it. We need to get the Shelbys together!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
At the request of a nameless engineer, I should note that the PWTA process on the GT500 has absolutely pummeled everything they have thrown at it. The "proprietary nano structure roughening process" they use adheres so well that when they do pull tests, they end up pulling aluminum before they manage to pull the coating.

Aug 25, 2006
At the request of a nameless engineer, I should note that the PWTA process on the GT500 has absolutely pummeled everything they have thrown at it. The "proprietary nano structure roughening process" they use adheres so well that when they do pull tests, they end up pulling aluminum before they manage to pull the coating.

This was great to read.

History has a way of being the basis to compare as such I look forward to seeing the results over time and as such having new history written for me to reflect upon.

All the best

Shadowman

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tech Data and write up on linerless GT500 block.

Gentlemen,

Good information here.

Chip

http://www.sae.org/mags/AEI/7624

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
They've taken great strides in improving the car. Personally, I can't wait for the direct injected version with a TVS blower on it.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Amazing and great technology advances, especially for high production vehicles - :thumbsup

Yet, I'm glad we have steel liners in the GT's, as they make the blocks virtually indestructable if tuned with a degree of carefulness. Replaceable steel liners are still less expensive than a replacement block.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
They've taken great strides in improving the car. Personally, I can't wait for the direct injected version with a TVS blower on it.

I think if they ecoboost the Coyote 5.0 it could outperform our 5.4s due to the new heads unless they are interchangeable with the 5.4.

How about a GT MK II with the 5.0 or make a 351 CI ecoboost Coyote?