2009 SL 65 (Not Black Series)

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Does anyone have any history with these cars? Opinions?

Obviously much different than Ford GT, real close to buying one just would like to get opinion from the forum.

jackj45

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 2, 2008
Charlotte
I had two SL55's and came close to buying a 2008 SL65 but bought the 55 instead. Enjoyed the cars. I have driven a couple of 65's. Good solid, all around, comfortable car. Very fast once rolling. I actually had a guy in a modified 65 get me pretty good when I had the GT in stock form. Depreciation hog, has to be one of the worst, so maybe a good used car buy. Easy to get more horsepower because of the turbos. Heavy front end. If you are looking for a really fast, comfortable daily driver, and don't care about the depreciation, it is a great car. Electronics surprisingly behind Should be down the learning curve since they have been making it for 5-6 years so reasonable reliability. Not an easy car to sell when out of the warranty period. Hope this helps; good luck with decision.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Get one that is 2-3 years old. They will be half the sticker price. I have had multiple 65 and 600 cars. Absolutely love them. Love my s65.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
Great cars from what I have been told while in warranty. This one just went 11.01 at 127.4 with tune tires and 100oct gas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s0t3ts5pRg

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Great cars from what I have been told while in warranty.

I'm on my 4th TT V12 benz....there is NO better daily driver with its combo of torque and high speed poise....I'm flying solo w/o a warranty on my CL65 now, but so far so good, since Chrysler revoked my warranty after realizing how much they lose on these things.......

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
thanks everyone. any thoughts on price

black 2009 sl 65, all options, 16k miles, clean vmi and 14mos left on warranty. 137k thoughts...

H

HHGT

thanks everyone. any thoughts on price

black 2009 sl 65, all options, 16k miles, clean vmi and 14mos left on warranty. 137k thoughts...

Here's what they are wholesaling for. I personally think the price you listed is too high, but if you like it...Buy it.... Its only money and you can always make more. BTW, with these cars it is always best to buy the extended warranty, as long as it is Mercedes' warranty and not a 3rd party. Good Luck!

Attachments

• Capture SL65.JPG
    Capture SL65.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 83

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I'm on my 4th TT V12 benz....there is NO better daily driver with its combo of torque and high speed poise....I'm flying solo w/o a warranty on my CL65 now, but so far so good, since Chrysler revoked my warranty after realizing how much they lose on these things.......

I am still surprised that Chrysler cancelled the warranty program completely as opposed to just offering them at a higher price.