2005 vs 2006 GT

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Near as I can tell, there are no significant differences between the 2005 and 2006 model year cars.

There seems to be some difference in oil change procedures, but not being an owner yet, I'm not sure the details of that discussion.

If I wanted a blue striped cars - which I believe is available in both years - is there any advantage of the '06 over the '05? I suppose some year way down the road a "last model year" mght have some extra desirability...

Seems to me that an 05 car at/near MSRP would have a price advantage with no obvious up front disadvantages... Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Joe

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
No significant differences.

Down the road, an 05 or 06 probably won't matter - first made or last made is too close since only two years.

Only real advantage is the early 05's MSRP was 10K less. Later 05 and 06 are all the same price.

I am sure there may have been some small "improvments" after production started as there always is, but nothing of note.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Thanks.

Although I live in Denver, I saw my first GT on the road today up here in Anchorage! A striped Tungsten car. Very, VERY nice...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
AZGT said:
No significant differences.

Down the road, an 05 or 06 probably won't matter - first made or last made is too close since only two years.

Only real advantage is the early 05's MSRP was 10K less. Later 05 and 06 are all the same price.

I am sure there may have been some small "improvments" after production started as there always is, but nothing of note.

I would stay away from the recall cars. The rear main seal fix would worry me and probably hurt resale. It is possible to find a post recall car b4 the price increase. It will probably drive you crazy looking for one. I finally gave up and paid near sticker for my 06.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Silverbullitt said:
I would stay away from the recall cars. The rear main seal fix would worry me and probably hurt resale. It is possible to find a post recall car b4 the price increase. It will probably drive you crazy looking for one. I finally gave up and paid near sticker for my 06.

He drives that '06 pretty slow too! ;)