2 Saleen S7s In Need of Jason's Expertise

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
FIA GT mayhem in the wet. Both course marshals run for their lives and one ends up head over heels but appears OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JGTUxsv_bQ

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Damn !

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I recall watching that on television.... if ever there was a reason to reach for the red flag that was it.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
that was when - two seasons ago?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
WOW!!!

Looks like the 405 (Highway) here in SO CAL last week...

They don't know how to drive in the rain over here...

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
WOW!!!

Looks like the 405 (Highway) here in SO CAL last week...

They don't know how to drive in the rain over here...

Man are you ever right! I blow by all these idiots all the time, and try to stay clear of em when I can. They drive like they're on ice.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Man are you ever right! I blow by all these idiots all the time, and try to stay clear of em when I can. They drive like they're on ice.

Ha...

Most people here have 2 positions on the brake pedal...nothing or full (spining down the road)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
That one guy has an angel looking over him! He was running, JUMPED, and slid right over the top of the car and them just got back up. He came so close to just being run over. That was insaine!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This video is exibit "A" in support of my own view that auto races just shouldn't be held in the rain.

To me, it just makes no sense adding all that unnecessary risk to life & limb. (And, of coarse, the additional risk of damage to the cars.)

'Just MHO.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
This video is exibit "A" in support of my own view that auto races just shouldn't be held in the rain.

To me, it just makes no sense adding all that unnecessary risk to life & limb. (And, of coarse, the additional risk of damage to the cars.)

'Just MHO.

The video of the In-Car Saleen S7 shows that he could barely see 5 feet infront of him you can't even see the Saleen in the middle of the road.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The video of the In-Car Saleen S7 shows that he could barely see 5 feet infront of him you can't even see the Saleen in the middle of the road.

I rest my case ... again.

'Can't see 5' feet ...and driving at a bazillion MPH... :frown

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I rest my case ... again.

'Can't see 5' feet ...and driving at a bazillion MPH... :frown

Well when I saw the crash from spectator view I thought he went sideways in reaction to avoid the Saleen in the middle of the road. Since he didn't even know he was there before he hit him I would guess that his traction completely broke while he was braking for the corner and caused the car to go sideways.

:ack

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well when I saw the crash from spectator view I thought he went sideways in reaction to avoid the Saleen in the middle of the road. Since he didn't even know he was there before he hit him I would guess that his traction completely broke while he was braking for the corner and caused the car to go sideways.

:ack

'Wasn't necessarily speaking about that wreck in particular, sir. :biggrin 'Was making a general comment regarding traveling at high speed w/o being able to see squat.

No vision. Reduced traction. Reduced braking abiltiy. 'Not so pretty good' when racing.

And all THAT stuff aside - how much fun can it possibly be for the fans trackside to watch(?)??? What the heck can they SEE?

'Just MHO.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Sorry for being misleading yes I understood your point once I read it I was just giving my opinion on that crash in certain. The better question is how much fun is it for the teams to watch?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Horrid to watch....

I was at Goodwood on Friday last week on a track day (in the rain) and a 348 span coming out of a corner, hit the grass, and, as always on grass, appeared to speed up. The driver was merely a passenger at this point as he watched his pride and joy bury itself into the tyre wall....

For those that know Goodwood (Bony/Stefan for example) there was an air incident there when a light aircraft didn't manage to take off and ended up going through the track into a tyre wall.

:eek