GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=5665817

Can't tell for sure but it looks like the red one clipped the black one

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
looks like a case of somebody holding the wheel way to tight while drag racing. You need to be loose on the wheel so when the car jerks, you don't jerk it back.

see this vid for what to do when traction goes away, or the car tries to get away. Notice I am not gripping the steering wheel.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/03253c0a-00a9-4bc3-b33c-987e00eed497.htm

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Is this Joe's twin turbo? If so, anyone know what the latest is with him and his FGT? I haven't seen any posts from him or any news lately.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Old Video. Happened ~6 -8 months ago..... Torrie's is the black one and he was driving. Torrie originally posted the video and somehing about clean underwear:lol Joe's was being driven by a Stage 6 person.... Watch that second gear :eek

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Is this Joe's twin turbo? If so, anyone know what the latest is with him and his FGT? I haven't seen any posts from him or any news lately.

He split the crank in his car on the dyno while he was tuning with nitrous. From my understanding the car hasnt moved since.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Nitrous, Joe was over 1400 hp without it! I guess you never have enough HP.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sheeet! Sound like Mrs Bony #1 :(

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I'd say...

He split the crank in his car on the dyno while he was tuning with nitrous. From my understanding the car hasnt moved since.

That's enough.

Chip

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

I guess you could say we found the top limit of the motor then. 700 hp is huge horsepower ... 1400 hp is just nutz.:ack:ack:ack:ack

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
I just added a clean run to Torrie's site for you guys to see-
http://www.unleashedtuning.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=50

Just a FYI, it looked a lot closer in person than on video. Joe was letting lots of people drive his car that day, and obviously most of them hadn't had experience driving that high of horsepower car. With Jimmy driving (the one with the Silver/Blue cobra in IMV Films dvds) the car stayed straight.

Heres the drag strip mishap for those that haven't seen it-
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=13&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
I guess you could say we found the top limit of the motor then. 700 hp is huge horsepower ... 1400 hp is just nutz.:ack:ack:ack:ack

Well I have no idea about if he had a stock crank from his orignal motor. I am also pretty sure that the car was sparying more then it was on its 1400hp run so 15xxrwhp isnt out of the question. I cant also say how many miles this crank has had so it might of been on its way out as is. But the car was driven on the street and raced on the street. Theres a guy on another forum who had a 5.4 thats suppose to be able to hold 2000rwhp. Al Papito from boss 330 built the engine. So Im far from an expert about this but I think its possable.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My understanding is this was a not the stock motor, but one that was built for more power.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
My understanding is this was a not the stock motor, but one that was built for more power.

You are correct. Joe's engine was built by Al at Boss330 racing as well. But I dont know if anyone has an aftermarket crank for it so I think they used a stock one. I dont know if it was the one the car came with or a new one.