1st oil change

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Can anyone give me some feedback on the timing of the first oil change. I just reached 500 miles and was wondering if I should dump the oil now! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!! :confused

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Oil Change

Dan,
You will get a lot of opinions on this subject. My personal opinion is that changing the oil around 1000 miles is cheap insurance. There have to be some metal particles in the oil and filter. I have always changed at 1000 for the first change and I have never had an engine problem. I cannot see a downside other than the cost of the change.
Just My Opinion....
Don

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I like Tungsten did the same,,,, Cheap Insurance as the first 1k mikes are break in....

My thought is before you can have "fun" - purge!

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
My car has 850 miles, and it's in for an oil change and some mods. I agree with the 1000 mile rule, despite what the manufacturers claim.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Thanks

That's sort of what I was expecting to hear. I own a Cobra with a Roush 427 in it and I did my first LOF with 500 miles on it. That motor started it's life with mineral oil and after the first @ 500 and the second @ 2500 I went to synthetic. Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!