1967 Mk IV for auction

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Whether you’re a high end collector or back yard tinkerer, January is an exciting month for all of us collector car guys.
The TV coverage is incredible but if you’ve never made the trip, and you have a trace of oil in your veins, put it on your bucket list!
Leading by example, Dan, Shelby and Danyel Mershon are all set to head out to Scottsdale for Auction Week to watch more sales records shatter. Last year, the bar was set high with a hefty $250 million in combined auction sales (up almost $25 million over 2013).

Since he knows it’s always more fun to play than sit on the sidelines, Dan has offered one of his most prized possessions for sale at the RM Auction. Glad you asked… it’s his 1967 Ford GT40 Mk IV (click the text for vehicle photos and information).

Attachments

• GT 40.jpg
    GT 40.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 439

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There doesn't seem to be a link.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Agree 1000%, going again this year (via NAIAS on the way down), Scottsdale in January is a blast! Bonhams, Gooding, and RM, is where we will spend as much if not more than Barrett-Jackson. Im sure will buy nothing yet again, but its a fabulous car show. Will look forward to seeing this car!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Be still my beating heart. Stunning.

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Hmmmmm. Just coincidentally was down looking at our own race winning MKIV and having a talk with Mose Nowland earlier today. Wonder what the auction value would be on this original? ;-))

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 404
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 388

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Unatanium...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Lots higher than CSX2000.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Beautiful!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Is RM on the televised?

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
a true Freudian slip....1967 Mark IV for Action......or maybe not an accident

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Agree 1000%, going again this year (via NAIAS on the way down), Scottsdale in January is a blast! Bonhams, Gooding, and RM, is where we will spend as much if not more than Barrett-Jackson. Im sure will buy nothing yet again, but its a fabulous car show. Will look forward to seeing this car!

Did not go to Barrett Jackson last year to avoid the circus but it's a must attend this time just to see the Pratt collection.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I can see that, 100 cars go on Tuesday, we won't even get there until wed night. Amazing that this event is as long as it is, too much to do, so little time.

Did not go to Barrett Jackson last year to avoid the circus but it's a must attend this time just to see the Pratt collection.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
2 years ago, when I saw Red #1, I thought it looked a little rough around the edges. These photos and other comments I've seen suggest that she has been gone over quite thoroughly. Any chance that this is part of the "Phoenix" routine? Could the car be moved to Cobo on Sunday night?

Still the BEST automobile ever, bar none!!!