100% wireless solar powered rearview cam & phone app

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
So i searched all the threads on here for rearview cams & nothing was as simple as this one for just $99.00 ,it just bolts to the 2 upper screws of your license plate frame & thats it .Load the app on your phone & your done it's solar powered instructions say it ships with 90% battery life (which it did) & it sat on my bench for at least another 30 days & who knows how long it sat before it shipped.So should stay charged for a couple 2 to 3 months i'm guessing if cars in storage, quick drive & it's fully charged, also has a plugin for wired charge if needed.I made a little you-tube video of it to check out ,what's cool is it's not hooked up to the ignition so you can just tell Siri to turn on the app when your getting in the car & it's ready go ,you do have to tap your phone screen still though.Combined it with a great magnetic phone holder that attaches on the upper part of the spot were the key is for passenger side airbag & tucks away when done.I've done quite a few spirited drives with it & no issues so far from heat, heres the links to all of it

https://typesauto.com/products/type-s-hd-solar-powered-app-view-backup-camera-bt57799?variant=32498752979018&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_source_platform=google ads&utm_source=google ads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_creative_format=performance max&utm_id=20694088464&campaign_type=evergreen&funnel_stage=mid&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAuNGuBhAkEiwAGId4ao50vhkkuZH_HSu2C_5bAd7aEWtmJgJyhriCKwm-YFztK20we98FiBoC0zYQAvD_BwE

https://carmount.com/shop/minimal-adjustable-mount/

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Thanks for that write up and links. I need something like this.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for that write up and links. I need something like this.
+1

Are you going to do a dash cam too?

I thought about it but it would get crowded with my V-1.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Exhaust gets very hot back there. Hope it doesn't melt.