100 rwhp / 100 rwtq, pulley and a tune

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
Just go my car back from Macedo Motorsports in Orlando. Picked up 100 rwhp and 100 rwtq, with just a pulley swap and tune. Larry has a load dyno which helps a great deal in advanced and safe tuning and safe AF. This is the way the car should have come from the factory, so far the tires seem to be holding up very well (however it is real hot right now and the cement is probably 110+ F,) 1st gear can get a little tail happy but 2nd and higher are holding pretty well. I have noticed with the pulley that the car immediately goes to 10 lbs and soon as I get into the throttle and then pegs up to 15 lbs quickly.

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Nice! What did the final number end up being?

PRDATR

GT Owner
Jan 9, 2006
Michigan, Upper Peninsula
Great numbers! Larry Macedo has one outstanding reputation in the Viper community. Great choice :thumbsup

MacedoMS

Jul 28, 2006
Thanks to Tony @ HP for always producing great parts!

On another note, everyone may want to check their intercooler tank to ensure a proper level. John's coolant level was low, very low, right from the factory.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Which one is the intercooler tank? Inside the frame rail or outside the frame rail? Also, what do you top it up with? Water? or coolant?

Eric

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
What size pulley was used?

Interestingly, most of the GTs I have seen don't build boost like a typical car would using that style of supercharger.

Rather than making full boost off of idle, many I have seen only make about 6-8lbs boost until close to 5000rpms and then jump up. Not sure why, but I know I am not the only one to see this.

Did Macedo do something special with the programming, etc.. to get the boost to build up quicker?

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
EasyEric said:
Which one is the intercooler tank? Inside the frame rail or outside the frame rail? Also, what do you top it up with? Water? or coolant?

Eric

It is coolant, your owners manuel should have the brand to use.

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
lthlvpr said:
What size pulley was used?

Interestingly, most of the GTs I have seen don't build boost like a typical car would using that style of supercharger.

Rather than making full boost off of idle, many I have seen only make about 6-8lbs boost until close to 5000rpms and then jump up. Not sure why, but I know I am not the only one to see this.

Did Macedo do something special with the programming, etc.. to get the boost to build up quicker?

Maybe Larry will chime in, not sure of the size. I think it is the less aggressive pulley and that the car is making 15lbs now. Not sure on the tunning and the boost question. It is great now though, push the throttle 1/4 the way and it goes to 10 lbs instantly, it is a great thing to see the boost guage pegged. It is super Americana to put the peddle to the wood in first as you control the massive oversteer while leaving a space shuttle flume of smoke behind you.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Side effects

Hi there. I'm planning on getting the pully and tune. Are there any effects as to the durability of the engine ? Boost being so high all the time ?
Thanks

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Manley, the rod maker, says that the pistons and rods can tak 1000hp

Terrence

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
Los Angeles
Fuelman said:
Just go my car back from Macedo Motorsports in Orlando. Picked up 100 rwhp and 100 rwtq, with just a pulley swap and tune. Larry has a load dyno which helps a great deal in advanced and safe tuning and safe AF. This is the way the car should have come from the factory, so far the tires seem to be holding up very well (however it is real hot right now and the cement is probably 110+ F,) 1st gear can get a little tail happy but 2nd and higher are holding pretty well. I have noticed with the pulley that the car immediately goes to 10 lbs and soon as I get into the throttle and then pegs up to 15 lbs quickly.

Which pulley did you buy? Where did you buy it from?

Thanks.