08 roush mustang w/trak pak

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
My dad and I where hanging out Friday and stopped in at a local Ford dealer that has a good selection of performance Mustang's. All the good one's,
Shelbys, Roush, Saleen, Foose etc.

Anyway my dad is seriously thinking of one of the Roush cars. Its an 08 with all the go fast equipment including the TRAK PAC. It also has an airfoil attached to the rear deck lid.

Would like your opinions and experiences if available about this car, so I can help my father (73) make a more informed decision.They have it discounted
a fair amount, and I think If I wave the cash in front of them I can get a deal.

I can just see pop, running the auto cross, zoom zoom!

Thanks Guys.

Stef

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Mustang

Stef - You will probably get a better answer from the Mustang guys. Give Tony an e-maill. tony@svtcobraclub.com

Not sure the Mustang would be the best car for an autocross. Make sure Pops knows what he will be doing with the car - track wise. There may be better track (road course) cars, if that's what he wants to do. I'd be glad to offer 2 cents worth if you pursue this.

Good luck.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
is the motor supercharged? if it is dont count on roush for the warranty. its hard as hell to get them to warranty their blowers.

other than that they are a good mustang. and if you can beat the overpriced part(it sounds like you have) then you are good to go.

personally i would rather have a mustang gt minor mods(intake, exhaust, tune) and then get the griggs starter kit. it cost some money(3600) but it would create a very comfortable and fully adjustable mustang gt.

S197 GR40SS "Super Street" Chassis

Major components include:
Coil-Over front struts with adjustable Koni inserts
Integral Billet Aluminum Camber Plates
Urethane Front Control Arm Bushings
Adjustable Aluminum Rear Control Arms (Heim jointed)
TorqueArm
Adjustable Aluminum Panhard Bar (Heim jointed)
Rear Coil-Over Ball End Adjustable Shocks
This incredible kit includes the foundation to make a street-driven Mustang into a smooth riding, incredible handling street/strip/track car. Configured to give you incredible hookup for a blast at the drag strip, while at the same time provide superb cornering performance at the track and on the way home. The system focus is correcting S197 rear suspension geometry to kill rear wheel hop at launch while allowing infinite ride height adjustment and superior damping. This is the best place to start on your S197 Mustang and will give you a great foundation for future upgrades.

and of course a vid of a griggs mustang gt(315hp) passing porsches and bmws(including the new 400hp m3) in an advanced driving group.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEgFX2yabow

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
is the motor supercharged? if it is dont count on roush for the warranty. its hard as hell to get them to warranty their blowers.

other than that they are a good mustang. and if you can beat the overpriced part(it sounds like you have) then you are good to go.

personally i would rather have a mustang gt minor mods(intake, exhaust, tune) and then get the griggs starter kit. it cost some money(3600) but it would create a very comfortable and fully adjustable mustang gt.

S197 GR40SS "Super Street" Chassis

Major components include:
Coil-Over front struts with adjustable Koni inserts
Integral Billet Aluminum Camber Plates
Urethane Front Control Arm Bushings
Adjustable Aluminum Rear Control Arms (Heim jointed)
TorqueArm
Adjustable Aluminum Panhard Bar (Heim jointed)
Rear Coil-Over Ball End Adjustable Shocks
This incredible kit includes the foundation to make a street-driven Mustang into a smooth riding, incredible handling street/strip/track car. Configured to give you incredible hookup for a blast at the drag strip, while at the same time provide superb cornering performance at the track and on the way home. The system focus is correcting S197 rear suspension geometry to kill rear wheel hop at launch while allowing infinite ride height adjustment and superior damping. This is the best place to start on your S197 Mustang and will give you a great foundation for future upgrades.

and of course a vid of a griggs mustang gt(315hp) passing porsches and bmws(including the new 400hp m3) in an advanced driving group.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEgFX2yabow

Thanks for the info, you really have me thinking about going Griggs, seems like alot of bang for the buck!