Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Great info! thank you

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Thanks everyone! All good now. Appreciate the help.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I have a 3:90 trans that I had Jason Heff put in last summer (done a couple track days and 1,000+ miles in that time...amazing new drive feel) So is it of more importance doing a trans oil change with this new configuration V's the every 3 years period ?
FWIW....I also have the Cooltech trans cooler

Stuart A

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I have a 3:90 trans that I had Jason Heff put in last summer (done a couple track days and 1,000+ miles in that time...amazing new drive feel) So is it of more importance doing a trans oil change with this new configuration V's the every 3 years period ?
FWIW....I also have the Cooltech trans cooler

Stuart A
I'd say no, but it's not a bad thing to change the fluid after an operation like that to remove normal bits of debris and assembly lubes, and to verify all is well.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Agree with GT@50

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Having dealt with Italian drain plugs for years ( alfas and Ferraris) which have a tendency to leak; if using copper, best to use a new one, they are soft and meant to squish to form a seal. I have heated them with a torch if I have to use it a second time to Re- expand them and seems to work. Have not had any problems with leakage from GT.

Reactions: Fast Freddy