tie down

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I am new at this posting thing.
I am going to pick up my 06 black with silver stripes Saturday. Need to load it in my trailer but I can't find any info about tying it down or places to strap the car. Thought if anyone has some advice it would be helpful.

Tom
06 all 4 opt. black w/silver/Michigan :banana :biggrin
So excited I have not slept in two days!

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Owner's manual

There is a section in the owner's manual on trailering and tie downs. You must use straps that wrap the TIRES, not the axles, wheels or anything else. Don't have my manual with me for more help. Good luck and happy driving if it ever thaws in Michigan. FJP

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Tom, I posted you a picture that might be helpful on the other thread...

Congratulations on the car and don't drive tired!! N

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tie-down quick

You are fast. Thanks Neil, I don't have any paperwork with me. This is exactly what I meant. FJP

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Tom,

Neilda has got you covered, that's the ticket, use wheel-basket tie-downs. Congratulations on your car, ENJOY, and be safe!

Kirk

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
When the car is dynotuned the best stratedy for securing the car is to remove the numerous torx screws that hold the rear flat plate under the engine so as to expose several strong frame sections. The process is laborious but simple.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Thanks guys, i could not find the photo so it should be fun Saturday. i dont think I can find tire nets in a day but if I do I will use them.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
californiacuda said:
When the car is dynotuned the best stratedy for securing the car is to remove the numerous torx screws that hold the rear flat plate under the engine so as to expose several strong frame sections. The process is laborious but simple.

Not necessary. Have done three dyno sessions and have never had a problem.

Dave

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Dave,
Did you use a strap thru the lower arms?
Bill