GT ON EBAY WITH SALVAGE TITTLE

HeritageGt

Jun 16, 2006
For anyone who is bidding or thought about bidding on the following ebay Ford Gt, you may want to think twice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-F...yZ116478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was considering bidding on the item but alot of what the seller was telling me just didnt add up. So I did my due diligence, tracked down the original owner, whom owned it when it was totaled, had a long conversation with this gentleman, and what he told me along with the pictures he sent is consistent with absolutely nothing the seller is saying. This fella was very thorough with the car when it was in an accident and got the engineers from ford involved and FWIW they said no way should this car be on the road again. Would hate to see someone get seriously injured or killed pushing this car a little to far when it cant be properly repaired. Lesson being never buy a salvaged vehicle without seeing before pictures. (As you will see the car originally was white with blue stripes)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Sir,

If you need a place to host the images, E-mail them to me Jason@jasonsautospa.com and I will put them on my Auto Spa server for everyone to check out.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thanks for the head up. However your pictures didn't show up on the post.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The ebay listing looks fair to me. Every used car should have a ppi. If a car is repaired correctly it is as good as new. The buyer has to decide if a salvage tittle bothers him.
Did you inspect this car, how about some solid facts.
None of your pictures came out.

Last edited:

HeritageGt

Jun 16, 2006
How do I get the photos to post? Jason I will e-mail them all to you as well.
Thanks

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
This guy ran this car a few months ago on ebay. He hasn't changed a friggin' word in his description since then. Hey, if it's safe enough for his dad...it must be okay for you or I. NOT!!!:bs Anyway, thx for the investigative work HeritageGT. You get a :thumbsup.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
How do I get the photos to post? Jason I will e-mail them all to you as well.
Thanks
Uploading right now will post them up in a few minutes :thumbsup

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

HeritageGt

Jun 16, 2006
Bony,
The proof is in the pictures. I will e-mail them to anyone interested, and perhaps someone smarter than myself can get them to post here.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
HOLY COW!!!

holy_cow.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Obviously it can be repaired. Just look at the after pictures. The buyer should request documentation of all the "new" parts installed on the car. If a frame/chassis is included it may have been repaired correctly. If the original frame was re-shaped (bent), cut and welded, then you be the judge.

It may have been in better shape than the UK car listed.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hopefully it has been properly repaired, why do you think it hasn't been?? Did someone inspect it, what did they determine?

HeritageGt

Jun 16, 2006
Bony,

Dont take my word for it. Just do the following.

Step 1 Study the pictures long and hard.

Step 2 Call the guy up and ask him a few questions about the car.

The two have no relation to one another at all. A picture is truely worth a thousand words.

HeritageGt

Jun 16, 2006
Black Ice,

Good point about asking the seller for receipts, I did, and he doesnt.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
By The Holy Jumping Sword Fish from the Moons of Quasmos... (OK, I just made up that oath)....

Yikes, it still really makes me wince to see a GT so horribly damaged.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
For the price its at it seems like a good deal to me! Maybe more so after seeing the before pictures because everything looks like it lines up good and the repair had to be decent for everything to line up like it does. Also worst case scenario is you buy it and assume something in the front end where the main damage was has an incorrect repair somewhere (I don't know why you would assume something is repaired incorrectly) but if it was I am sure it would be something that could be easily addressed now if even necessary? I don't know why everyone thinks if a car is wrecked you throw it away? That is why there are body shops so you don't have to, the only thing I would have done different if I had it repaired is I would of repainted it the original color!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Heritage,
Simple question, the last time I ask you, did you see this car? How did you get the original pictures? Has a GT pro inspected this car? Thank you.
You have yet to convince me that this car is not properly repaired.
Bony

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
the only legitimate repair, in my book is to send it to Saleen.

HeritageGt

Jun 16, 2006
Bony,
I just typed in a couple paragraph response to your question but it did not post. I do not have time to retype that diatribe and will be out all day so I will try again this evening. Perhaps you could find what happened to my post and insert it here?

Joules5

Oct 16, 2007
Biggest Little City
Surely it's all about disclosure, a buyer should be aware of the history of the vehicle and if he then knowingly accepts the price reflects the risk all is well.

The issue is whether the seller is purposely hiding anything. This came up recently on the De Tomaso Pantera forum with a 'write off' appearing on Ebay all fixed up & no disclosure. One forum member was smart enough to list in the same category the accident damage photos for sale at $1 with VIN # etc., didn't violate Ebay policies and sure enough the car listing was amended with full disclosure.

Be thankful for forums like this and diligent members like HeritageGT :thumbsup who can draw attention to unscrupulous sellers passing off a mule. Personally I wouldn't touch this car fixed right or not.

Julian