Extended warranty?

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
Received an extended warranty offer specific to the Ford Gt from a company called "Dealership Services." My car has 17000 miles, the warranty would extend my warranted mileage by 50,000 and to 5 years, thus 67000 miles and 5 years. The cost would be $3944,00. Any thoughts on the offer?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just Say NO.

They only cover you up to $20k. It's a rip.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Most likely a non-Ford warranty - Lots of prior discussion on this topic, highly recommend a search on the forum site to capture all the Q&A. One item though, is the warranty 5 years from date of " vehicle in-service", or is it from date of contract?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I get letters from "Dealer Services" all the time. Has an official looking envelope, but nonetheless is a third party.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I get letters from "Dealer Services" all the time. Has an official looking envelope, but nonetheless is a third party.

Third party extended service offers are a dime a dozen and are usually expensive with a cap. More importantly, they are worthless if the company you contract with goes belly up with your money and eventually files Chap 7. Some of you may be old enough to remember all the third party rust proofing outfits from the '80s such as Rusty Jones that were long gone by the time the tin worm chewed through the rockers. usmcfred

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Fred speaks the truth.
If your selling dealer offers another policy, consider it. But, check out the firm with yr state insurance commissioner and do a google search. Read the fine print in their policy.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Third party extended service offers are a dime a dozen and are usually expensive with a cap. More importantly, they are worthless if the company you contract with goes belly up with your money and eventually files Chap 7. Some of you may be old enough to remember all the third party rust proofing outfits from the '80s such as Rusty Jones that were long gone by the time the tin worm chewed through the rockers. usmcfred

Rusty Jones didn't honor their waranty BEFORE they went belly up. I tried to get them to pay for my rusted out doors, the dealer sent me to a Rusty Jones "inspcector". The inspector stuck a rod into the door and scraped the inside of the door - when the rod came out clean he said it was the dealers faulty application. I went back to the dealer - the dealer said the rod came out clean because the stuff hardened so much it just flaked off.

Magnaclese

Oct 8, 2007
Isn't Dealer Services APCO out of NJ?